AnonymousU
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My friend has offers from Hertfordshire, Oxford Brookes and Brunel through clearing to do biomedical science. They all seem good and she is seeking help to get pros and cons of each uni to make it easier for her to choose.
Thank you
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UyiOo)
I have offers from Hertfordshire, Oxford Brookes and Brunel through clearing to do biomedical science. They all seem good and I'm seeking help to get pros and cons of each uni to make it easier for me to choose.
Thank you
Post in each universities section on here and get opinions of current students. Are you able to get to a clearing opening day at any of them on time?
AnonymousU
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
Post in each universities section on here and get opinions of current students. Are you able to get to a clearing opening day at any of them on time?
I edited the thread,sorry I meant it's for my friend. Also she says she won't be able to make clearing open days
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UyiOo)
I edited the thread,sorry I meant it's for my friend. Also she says she won't be able to make clearing open days
suggest they check out the threads on here for each uni and look at things like unistats
mohussain101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey!

I'm currently at Brunel studying Politics and History but I have a friend who's currently doing Biomed. From her experience then, I know she loves it.

All year I've heard how her lecturers and the lectures they deliver are good so that's definitely something you can look forward to. Also there is a good mixture of lab and lecture based sessions so you can find out what you prefer more - in her case, it's labs.

She's on to her final year next year and I believe she gets to choose in what form she wants to submit her dissertation which is great - If you think your skills lie in practical's and lab sessions, you could go for that or if you prefer essays, your dissertation can be more written-based.

Because of the massive facilities they have at Brunel for biomed and the fact that your lecturers sound so great, I think Brunel is definitely something you should consider.

Plus we've got Liquid Wednesdays and Karaoke Tuesdays - what more could you want?!

Mo
University of Hertfordshire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UyiOo)
My friend has offers from Hertfordshire, Oxford Brookes and Brunel through clearing to do biomedical science. They all seem good and she is seeking help to get pros and cons of each uni to make it easier for her to choose.
Thank you
Hello,
Congratulations to your friend for getting the offers to study biomedical science!

Our School of Life and Medical Sciences offer course content based on world class research, and our our highly qualified and experienced academic staff are widely recognised for their expertise and often carry out research in their chosen field. We also have outstanding facilities, which makes the University of Hertfordshire a great place to study, live and work!
It's a shame your friend can't make any open days, as this is a great way to talk to academic subject staff and take a look around our campuses. Just in case she is able to make an open day, we have clearing open days on Saturday 15/8, Tuesday 18/8 and Friday 21/8. She can book a place here http://www.herts.ac.uk/clearing/clea...d-campus-tours

Hope that helps, we wish her good luck in choosing her place to study!

Kind Regards,
Elin
University of Hertfordshire
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
68.25%
No I haven't decided yet (24)
19.05%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed