Diego Costa vs Sergio Aguero Watch

ttakan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Basically just answer what the title says - I'd go for Costa because of his strength, pace and supreme finishing
Zander01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Shouldn't even be a question tbh.

Aguero is twice the player, even with his injuries
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Surely a wind-up?

Aguero is far superior. The only thing I'd rather Costa for was his penchant for winding up opposition players, players like Seamus Coleman during last season's 6-3 victory for Chelsea against Everton at Goodison Park.
khalid78628
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What kind of question is this, Aguero is far better. Only striker slightly superior to him is Suarez.
AlisonBurgersm8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They are players of different style.
Costa has a stronger physical presence and plays aggressive football. He can hold off pressure from defenders and maintain possession.
Aguero is extremely mobile due to his great pace and strong dribbling skills. He is good at creating chances for the team and can also play as a supporting role for another striker.
Both are very clinical strikers. They can pretty much convert shots from anywhere in the box. But I think Aguero was a bit better and a bit more consistent last season.
UnWise
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aguero contributes a lot more to the overall team play; Costa is a bit poacher-ish.
Pimped Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aguero is the better player, and indeed the best player in the league, but I'm not sure he'll ever have as good a season as Costa did for Atletico in 13-14.
mhsc
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aguero is way better in almost every measurable way.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aguero absolutely bossed the Chelsea defence yesterday. That turn to open them up for the first goal was great. Costa, meanwhile, laboured and struggled at the other end.
ademjh
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aguero. Simple.
United1892
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aguero, better finisher and all round player who you can trust not to elbow somebody in the face.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is this some kind of sick joke?

Posted from TSR Mobile
chelseafreak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by khalid78628)
What kind of question is this, Aguero is far better. Only striker slightly superior to him is Suarez.
messi springs to mind
Leking9
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chelseafreak)
messi springs to mind
We don't tend to class Messi as a striker, he is a false number 9 who also drifts inwards from wide positions at times. Aguero & Suarez actually play as true no.9s
chelseafreak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Leking9)
We don't tend to class Messi as a striker, he is a false number 9 who also drifts inwards from wide positions at times. Aguero & Suarez actually play as true no.9s
messi tends to play as a forward in the middle of a front three but does drift around along with saurez and neymar so to me he is a striker
mhsc
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by United1892)
Aguero, better finisher and all round player who you can trust not to elbow somebody in the face.

Yeah m8 you're right Aguero hasn't got a nasty streak in him at all.
saeed97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Aguero is a great player but honestly if they were both fully fit and at the top of their game i would have Costa any day. Aguero turns into a cripple every time i see him facing strong opposition.
Pimped Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by saeed97)
Aguero is a great player but honestly if they were both fully fit and at the top of their game i would have Costa any day. Aguero turns into a cripple every time i see him facing strong opposition.
...? He just scored against the champions, scored a hat trick against Bayern last season, and has probably the best big game record of any player in PL history
saeed97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
...? He just scored against the champions, scored a hat trick against Bayern last season, and has probably the best big game record of any player in PL history
Sadly those are few in between. I remember the bayern game very vividly, it wasn't anything special, 1 penalty, bayern had slacked off as they had already won top spot in the group stage etc... Scoring against the champions at your homeground doesnt make a player world class and the record is the only thing which makes him stand out. He's great but he is also overrated imo.
Pimped Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by saeed97)
Sadly those are few in between. I remember the bayern game very vividly, it wasn't anything special, 1 penalty, bayern had slacked off as they had already won top spot in the group stage etc... Scoring against the champions at your homeground doesnt make a player world class and the record is the only thing which makes him stand out. He's great but he is also overrated imo.
Last season he scored against Barca, three against Bayern, three against United (in two games), Arsenal and Liverpool. His big game record is the best in the league.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (336)
15.63%
The paper was reasonable (1170)
54.42%
Not feeling great about that exam... (465)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (179)
8.33%

Watched Threads