eds7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, i want to study Economics at Royal Holloway. However i got a D in Politics, D in Philosophy, E in Economics and a U in Maths. Im going to retake one of my econ module and maths modules and also get my papers remarked. I also know that i can definitely bump those grades up if i work really hard next year and hopefully reach the requirement of ABB but im not sure if i will be able to get a conditional offer in the first place when i apply next month, as the university's first hand impression will be the DDEU?
Tangerine16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey! I got the same grades as you last year, but in different subjects, and I got a conditional offer from Royal Holloway. I think that they will look at your predicted grades, so as long as they are around ABB you should hopefully be fine!
RoamingEmpire
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Royal Holloway is my dream uni, and I was told it was well within my reach (AABB mock results). However, for my actual results, I got a B in English Lit, C in History, D in Psychology, and a D in philosophy. I'm aiming to apply for English and Media Studies, and my B in English is just 3 marks away from an A, while my C in history is 2 marks off a B, so hopefully these will go up with remarks, I'm also going to resit psychology in the hopes of getting it up to a C or B (it was an A in the mock, AQA have messed up a lot recently so it may be worth a remark...)

Either way, I'm rambling, my results are BCDD and my family think the best predicted grades I could get are around ABC, would I still be even considered for English and Media?
RoamingEmpire
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bump?? (I really need a reply!)
eds7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Tangerine16)
Hey! I got the same grades as you last year, but in different subjects, and I got a conditional offer from Royal Holloway. I think that they will look at your predicted grades, so as long as they are around ABB you should hopefully be fine!
Thank you i hope so!!
Tangerine16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RoamingEmpire)
Royal Holloway is my dream uni, and I was told it was well within my reach (AABB mock results). However, for my actual results, I got a B in English Lit, C in History, D in Psychology, and a D in philosophy. I'm aiming to apply for English and Media Studies, and my B in English is just 3 marks away from an A, while my C in history is 2 marks off a B, so hopefully these will go up with remarks, I'm also going to resit psychology in the hopes of getting it up to a C or B (it was an A in the mock, AQA have messed up a lot recently so it may be worth a remark...)

Either way, I'm rambling, my results are BCDD and my family think the best predicted grades I could get are around ABC, would I still be even considered for English and Media?
Hi! My AS results were a lot worse that yours and I still got a conditional offer for zoology. I'm not sure if the English department would be the same, but if your predicted grades are near the required grades, and if your personal statement shows you are very interested I would have thought you would get an offer
nafnaa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hi, my AS exam results were DDEE and with a good personal statement i was given an offer for D(distinction as i picked up a btec and dropped 2 a levels) and BB. i got a d*cc and still got excepted. so you can probably get in
downdeepinside
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My predicted grades were ABC, I applied, received a conditional offer, then with the help of some handy retakes got in! Royal Holloway seems really big on wanting students that want them, so if it's really your dream you absolutely should apply (with 5 chances it's not the end of the world if one declines) and make sure your personal statement is strong. Is there a reason your AS' didn't go to plan? Are you going to retake? Tell them!

You will still be considered, most unis now understand a student isn't just there grades. The offer you receive might seem a little daunting when it comes, but if Holloway is the dream you can make it work!
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RoamingEmpire)

Hi there,

It is possible you could be given an offer with predicted grades of ABC but if we did, we would give you an offer of our standard entry requirement for our BA English and Film Studies which is ABB. Also, our Media Arts department conduct interviews as part of the offer-making process. So if you apply and get invited to interview, that would factor in their decision on whether or not you are made an offer.

I hope that helps!

Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (173)
14.59%
I'm not sure (54)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (346)
29.17%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (578)
48.74%

Watched Threads