The Student Room Group

Modular resits (AS)

Hey,

I got a B in AS maths yesterday. I scored best marks in C2 (surprisingly the one most people did worst in) and hit 84 UMS. C1 and S1 let me down, so I'm going to resit those next year.

If I was to do worse in them, would the exam boards use my original C1 and S1 marks when calculating the overall A-Level automatically? I just worry that something will go wrong somewhere and they'll use a lower mark, which could obviously mess up a lot of things. Also, I currently stand at 230 UMS in total. How hard would it be for me to get an A if I didn't resit C1 and S1?

Thanks
If you resit and you get a lower mark, the exam board will use the highest mark out of the ones that you've done :yep:
Original post by ryanroks1
Hey,

I got a B in AS maths yesterday. I scored best marks in C2 (surprisingly the one most people did worst in) and hit 84 UMS. C1 and S1 let me down, so I'm going to resit those next year.

If I was to do worse in them, would the exam boards use my original C1 and S1 marks when calculating the overall A-Level automatically? I just worry that something will go wrong somewhere and they'll use a lower mark, which could obviously mess up a lot of things. Also, I currently stand at 230 UMS in total. How hard would it be for me to get an A if I didn't resit C1 and S1?

Thanks

Not at all! They use your highest marks for each module. So if you got say 71 for C1 this year however next year you score 86, then they will use your higher score! That's the reason why people resit exams! :biggrin:

So you need 240 UMS to get an A overall for AS and 480 UMS at the end of A2 (AS + A2 get added up) to get an A. So you need to be hitting 250 UMS in just your A2 modules to get your A overall. That works out to an average of just over 80ums per module (C3, C4 and S2/M1/D1)

Quick Reply

Latest