The Student Room Group

Confused on what to do now after AS results

I got B,C,D,E in my AS in the subjects Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Economics respectively. And before results day i wanted to do medicine but thats clearly out the picture with my results. So i looked to what i was good at, maths, and thought accountancy may be a good career. But most of the unis I have looked at want AAb-AAB, which is something i dont have. And my school is weird when it comes to predictions for unis, as they only predicted you the grades you got for AS. So like what should i do, like i'm in a confusing situation. I have seen a uni that want 300 for the ucas score thing. So if i were to apply to that uni, should i do adjustment if my grades are better than 300.

Also, i'm planning on taking maths, chemistry, and biology into A2, even though i actually dispise biology. Would there be any possibility that i could do something else like IT, or Business studies and try to do AS and A2 all in one year. Or is business studies something that the unis don't like for accountancy. Im in a horrible dilemma and i'm not sure what to do now.
:s-smilie::frown:
So if you needed 300 UCAS points, that'd be three B grades at A2 level? That's not out of reach with the AS results you got. I don't think it's possible to do AS and A2 work all in one year - that'd be loads of work! It's also not something I've ever heard of - though AS double award subjects are worth the same amount of UCAS points as full A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest