Is 4 A-levels and an EPQ to much work? Watch

rose215
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I'm moving to A2 this September, yesterday I got my results and had to pick what subject I wanted to continue, I choose to keep going with all of mine, which are maths, psychology, biology and chemistry, I'm also doing an EPQ. I wanted to know whether doing those 4 A levels and an EPQ would be too much work? Also do you think the EPQ is worth it?
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
4 A2s and an EPQ sounds like a lot of work.
nor778
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rose215)
Hi, I'm moving to A2 this September, yesterday I got my results and had to pick what subject I wanted to continue, I choose to keep going with all of mine, which are maths, psychology, biology and chemistry, I'm also doing an EPQ. I wanted to know whether doing those 4 A levels and an EPQ would be too much work? Also do you think the EPQ is worth it?
I am moving to Year 13 this year and have just received my results (5 AS level with EPQ). I think it could be a lot of work for A2, as EPQ did took a lot of my time. In terms of if it is worth it, it is definitely useful for your university application. It helps to develop your interest and expand your knowledge in the subject field. However, you should be aware that the workload did cause a lot of students to drop out of EPQ throughout.
rose215
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by nor778)
I am moving to Year 13 this year and have just received my results (5 AS level with EPQ). I think it could be a lot of work for A2, as EPQ did took a lot of my time. In terms of if it is worth it, it is definitely useful for your university application. It helps to develop your interest and expand your knowledge in the subject field. However, you should be aware that the workload did cause a lot of students to drop out of EPQ throughout.
Okay thank you for replying. I think the main problem is that I don't really want to drop psychology because it seems to be really interesting in A2, and oh okay I've heard mixed responses about EPQ, some have said it's useless while others (like you) have said it's really helpful, but in your opinions do you think 4 A-levels is better or 3 A-levels with an EPQ? Also if you don't mind what did you do your EPQ about and what AS did you do?
nor778
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rose215)
Okay thank you for replying. I think the main problem is that I don't really want to drop psychology because it seems to be really interesting in A2, and oh okay I've heard mixed responses about EPQ, some have said it's useless while others (like you) have said it's really helpful, but in your opinions do you think 4 A-levels is better or 3 A-levels with an EPQ? Also if you don't mind what did you do your EPQ about and what AS did you do?
In regards to application, I will believe that 3 A-levels with EPQ would be more helpful. This is because many universities often does not regard your fourth A level as part of the offer, while the EPQ could boast your application.
My EPQ is regarding International Relations. My AS subjects are Politics, Maths, History, Biology and a native language.

Regards.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads