How likely is an A* at A2 with 86% AS level percentage?

Watch
katy456
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
At Biology, OCR
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
indigorain
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This just caught my eye because exactly that happened to me this year! So it is possible! It was a completely different subject though (Music). It was totally unexpected but I was so happy!!
BritishBean
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got my A* in A2 Biology and got about the same percentage as you in AS Biology.

To get an A* in any A level you need:

1. 80% averaged across all AS modules and

2. 90% averaged across all A2 modules

At least that was what we were told at sixth form.
Laurasaur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in the same boat for OCR Chemistry! I think it's definitely a possibility, you just need to get 90% ums in your modules.
I can't predict whether or not you'd be able to, but with your ums you'll just need to push 4% harder next year. Even if you narrowly missed the A*, you'll still be likely to get an A, which is brilliant nonetheless.
All I can say is good luck!
spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

As far as I am aware, from what I have found out here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=815293

To get an A* at A Level you need at least 80% overall across all modules and you need all of your A2 modules to be at least 90% overall.

So with an 86% AS Level percentage... as far as I am aware, so long as you get 90% or better across your A2 modules then you should get the A*. However if someone else could check for me then it'd be appreciated.

Hope that helps

edit: Thanks BritishBean, that pretty much confirms exactly what I read up on here.
katy456
Rep:
?
(Original post by BritishBean)
I got my A* in A2 Biology and got about the same percentage as you in AS Biology.

To get an A* in any A level you need:

1. 80% averaged across all AS modules and

2. 90% averaged across all A2 modules

At least that was what we were told at sixth form.
Well done!!

So you didnt retake any units at AS did you?
katy456
Rep:
?
(Original post by indigorain)
This just caught my eye because exactly that happened to me this year! So it is possible! It was a completely different subject though (Music). It was totally unexpected but I was so happy!!
Yay! Well done, well happy for you!!

Did you retake any AS units or was it just the 86% you took with you in Year 13?
BritishBean
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by katy456)
Well done!!

So you didnt retake any units at AS did you?
Thanks! No I didn't retake anything apart from a maths module but that's not really related to this.
indigorain
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by katy456)
Yay! Well done, well happy for you!!

Did you retake any AS units or was it just the 86% you took with you in Year 13?
Thanks! No,I didn't retake anything - just kept it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads