kprime2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
I've sent a few papers off for remarks. Was 2 UMS away from an A in one of my subjects. Was just wondering how people's past experiences have been with remarks. Any particular grade-changing success stories? If you could then list the subject and exam board too
My remark is with AQA

Also does anyone know if WEEKENDS count as one of the 18 days in which we can expect our scripts to be remarked?
TheGlenthorneStudent
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kprime2)
Hi,
I've sent a few papers off for remarks. Was 2 UMS away from an A in one of my subjects. Was just wondering how people's past experiences have been with remarks. Any particular grade-changing success stories? If you could then list the subject and exam board too

Also does anyone know if WEEKENDS count as one of the 18 days in which we can expect our scripts to be remarked?
Hi

Last year I got a D in my OCR ICT exam (G063) and this brought my overall grade down to a B. I got it remarked and the exam mark went up by 12 UMS to a C grade. I got an A overall. :cool:
acatctho
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As you're only 2 ums off an A, you have a decent chance of going up a grade as its only about 1 mark. my friend sent off his OCR AS Psychology paper and went up from a D to a B.
kprime2
Rep:
?
(Original post by acatctho)
As you're only 2 ums off an A, you have a decent chance of going up a grade as its only about 1 mark. my friend sent off his OCR AS Psychology paper and went up from a D to a B.
This is encouraging! thank you
My 2UMS converts to two raw marks However, the paper which I've sent for a remark I thought I had done very well in it, expecting at least 90 UMS but ended up with 76 UMS. :/
Hunnybeebee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This makes OCR look good
kprime2
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheGlenthorneStudent)
Hi

Last year I got a D in my OCR ICT exam (G063) and this brought my overall grade down to a B. I got it remarked and the exam mark went up by 12 UMS to a C grade. I got an A overall. :cool:
12 ums. Gosh woah it just goes to show how careless exam boards can be with their marking. To think that students put in so much hard work and the examiners can't even be bothered to mark properly.
Thank you for your encouragement
TheGlenthorneStudent
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
12 ums. Gosh woah it just goes to show how careless exam boards can be with their marking. To think that students put in so much hard work and the examiners can't even be bothered to mark properly.
Thank you for your encouragement
No problem! I hope the results come back well for you.
yelllowribbon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
History remark went up from 78 to 84, so my AS grade went up overall from a B to an A
kprime2
Rep:
?
(Original post by yelllowribbon)
History remark went up from 78 to 84, so my AS grade went up overall from a B to an A
Wow! what exam board was this?
yelllowribbon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow! what exam board was this?
Edexcel...probably going to remark again this year
lachachacha
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,
My remark is with AQA

I'm in the exact same situation ! I talked to the person at my school in charge of coordinating remarks and she said with 2 UMS you have a VERY good chance! Also, it's 18 days including weekends apparently
ScarletXxXRose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I sent to off my unit 1 and unit 2 english papers for remark
and they both went up by a total of around 30 ums

So overall, I went from B to A*
ChiFlee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm 6 UMS marks off an A in English Literature OCR, do you think it's worth requesting a remark? Also does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to do priority, 70% of my English grade was an A grade prior to the exam, and I apparently got a C in the exam (82/120 UMS) and I feel it's just not right.

Also I was 10 UMS off a B in Biology, do you think that's worth a re-mark either?

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (254)
57.08%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed