The Student Room Group

I actually failed as euuu

I tried so hard and was struggling throughout th year I go extra help I feel like like I have let my parents down I'm embarrassed about it I knew college wasn't for me burning thought I could do it but I didn't I'm gonna have to do an apprenticeship now or something I didn't think I would do that bad I had mocks where I was getting Bs but then u failed badly. I just cant believe it the subjects of I wanted to do in A2 I got Us in they where subjects with test and the other hand one was 3D design. I hate life Im always good at stuff I don't like and the stuff that I am interested at I cant pass in. I have to change my career choice I need some advice.
What uni subject did you want to do? And want to do now? What subjects did you study?
Original post by EllainKahlo
What uni subject did you want to do? And want to do now? What subjects did you study?

I wanted to do Psychology and I got a U in it.
Original post by brittanywattscb
I tried so hard and was struggling throughout th year I go extra help I feel like like I have let my parents down I'm embarrassed about it I knew college wasn't for me burning thought I could do it but I didn't I'm gonna have to do an apprenticeship now or something I didn't think I would do that bad I had mocks where I was getting Bs but then u failed badly. I just cant believe it the subjects of I wanted to do in A2 I got Us in they where subjects with test and the other hand one was 3D design. I hate life Im always good at stuff I don't like and the stuff that I am interested at I cant pass in. I have to change my career choice I need some advice.

Is there any chance you can do a BTEC in a subject relevant to what you want to do in the future? If not, would you be completely against repeating the year? I got EEUU last year and managed to get much better grades this year (different subjects)

I think maybe you should start over again. Re-do your first year and see where it takes you.
I might do health and social I'm just really stuck. I might do a carpentry apprenticeship even.

I got an E in Psychology last year, repeated year 12 and got a B :smile:

Hi,
I'm so sorry you didn't get what you wanted. You haven't failed, you tried and no one could ask any more from you. You're parents are there to support you and they can be good to talk too - you haven't let anyone down. A few unexpected grades are horrible I know. But don't give up.

You have so many options and if you're like me (exams were never your best friend...) There is an option of carrying on and doing a BTEC, university courses also offer foundation years (4 years and not 3 years of uni.. heaven.) Or you could even resit the A2 year and do a BTEC instead.

You never have to change your career choice, if you have a dream, stick to it! :smile:
Reply 8

So I've done AS levels twice and failed or not done up to my standard which has been quite disheartening. im 18 now and i really want to go to university to greater my skills, come out with a decent degree, make my parents a little proud and myself and just for the experience!!

I'm thinking about doing BTEC Business Level 3 extended course which is 2 years (which is meant to be equivalent to 3 A levels but many ppl argue this) and then to also do A Level Maths with it because i honestly do enjoy it and prepared to put the work in to get all Distinctions and hopefully a grade A or B in maths. Do you think its a good idea to do both bare in mind ive already done AS maths and got a high D as it would maybe make me more attractive to uni's. i want to do a business and management degree maybe at Nottingham University or go somewhere like Sheffield im not looking to get into amazing uni's but nor do i wanna go to just any meh uni if that makes sense. Advice?

should i do BTEC business level 3 with A level Maths or should i do a foundation Degree or any other suggestions. i was also thinking about AAT qualifications for accountancy as a backup???

Original post by hung1

So I've done AS levels twice and failed or not done up to my standard which has been quite disheartening. im 18 now and i really want to go to university to greater my skills, come out with a decent degree, make my parents a little proud and myself and just for the experience!!

I'm thinking about doing BTEC Business Level 3 extended course which is 2 years (which is meant to be equivalent to 3 A levels but many ppl argue this) and then to also do A Level Maths with it because i honestly do enjoy it and prepared to put the work in to get all Distinctions and hopefully a grade A or B in maths. Do you think its a good idea to do both bare in mind ive already done AS maths and got a high D as it would maybe make me more attractive to uni's. i want to do a business and management degree maybe at Nottingham University or go somewhere like Sheffield im not looking to get into amazing uni's but nor do i wanna go to just any meh uni if that makes sense. Advice?

should i do BTEC business level 3 with A level Maths or should i do a foundation Degree or any other suggestions. i was also thinking about AAT qualifications for accountancy as a backup???

Hi there, If you're definite about business and management at Nottingham - give them a call or do your research and see what qualifications they require. If they accept BTEC Business level 3 and A level Maths at a particular standard; go for it.

If they don't - mould your A level courses to what they will accept. Never give up on your dream course and university. At the end of the day, you'll be spending over £30,000 (well student finance will..) and 3 years of your life. You shouldn't settle for a course or university that you don't really want.

Do your research, if it's not on their website (I couldn't find it) - just call them and speak to the admissions team.

Hope this helps!
- Kath :smile:.
Can you apply for a Psychology degree with foundation year? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest