Are these worth a remark AND AQA PSYCHOLOGY AS PROBLEMS

Watch this thread
meganwd97
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
In my OCR sociology i am 3 ums off a grade A, and in my AQA psychology am 2 ums marks off a B, is it worth getting them remarked?

Also, has anyone else had problems with AQA Psychology? I was predicted an A and was getting As all year and was pretty disappointed
NineTailedFox
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by meganwd97)
In my OCR sociology i am 3 ums off a grade A, and in my AQA psychology am 2 ums marks off a B, is it worth getting them remarked?

Also, has anyone else had problems with AQA Psychology? I was predicted an A and was getting As all year and was pretty disappointed
I would get Psychology remarked.
My friend had one of her papers remarked an it went up by 6 RAW MARKS and she got an A
meganwd97
Rep:
(Original post by NineTailedFox)
I would get Psychology remarked.
My friend had one of her papers remarked an it went up by 6 RAW MARKS and she got an A
do you know if this was with AQA?
Sjgirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I know so many people who were expecting A/B in Psychology and came out with C/D's.

I personally didn't have that problem but if I were you I would get my papers remarked as I doubt you'd go down a grade!

Well done by the way
meganwd97
Rep:
(Original post by Sjgirl)
I know so many people who were expecting A/B in Psychology and came out with C/D's.

I personally didn't have that problem but if I were you I would get my papers remarked as I doubt you'd go down a grade!

Well done by the way
I'm glad im not the only one! i got a C in the first exam (68 ums, it's 70 for a B) and a B in the second exam (70 ums, so dead on a B) do you think it's worth only the first one getting remarked or both? im unsure as to send both off or just the first as the cost is ridiculous if it doesnt change marks. and thank you!
Sjgirl
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm glad im not the only one! i got a C in the first exam (68 ums, it's 70 for a B) and a B in the second exam (70 ums, so dead on a B) do you think it's worth only the first one getting remarked or both? im unsure as to send both off or just the first as the cost is ridiculous if it doesnt change marks. and thank you!
No defo not! I would say get the unit 1 paper remarked because the last thing you want is to loose marks on your unit 2 and make that drop down to a C as that can happen!

but remember that AS is only 50%! you could get B's in your A2 exams and that would work out at a B overall!
NineTailedFox
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
do you know if this was with AQA?
Yeah it was. We did Psychology A though, not sure if that will make a difference :/
meganwd97
Rep:
No defo not! I would say get the unit 1 paper remarked because the last thing you want is to loose marks on your unit 2 and make that drop down to a C as that can happen!

but remember that AS is only 50%! you could get B's in your A2 exams and that would work out at a B overall!
okay, i'll get the first one done! I've been telling myself to remember it's only half the final grade haha! I'm really hoping for an A at the end of the course though, i would be happy with a B but i want to do psychology and criminology at uni so an A would be ace!
Sjgirl
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
okay, i'll get the first one done! I've been telling myself to remember it's only half the final grade haha! I'm really hoping for an A at the end of the course though, i would be happy with a B but i want to do psychology and criminology at uni so an A would be ace!
I hope it works out!

I'm aiming for an A* in psychology my fav subject by far!
meganwd97
Rep:
I hope it works out!

I'm aiming for an A* in psychology my fav subject by far!
im sure you'll do it!! good luck!
FloralEssence
Rep:
Report 6 years ago

Yes!!! Oh God, I have had problems with AQA Psychology, I don't really know what happened in that exam for unit 2 (actually no, I do, I misunderstood the question but wrote about the biological model instead of the therapies) I am 2 marks away from A, B respectively (unit) so averaged to a B!

I like yourself was predicted A's all around the school year and, I am indeed very disappointed with my grade, but nevertheless motivated to do better at my A2s. The worst for me now is facing my teachers who believed that I would get an A grade with such conviction, and then I just didn't 'deliver it'.

I will try to smack them with an A* next year (aiming for 100%)! >.<
meganwd97
Rep:
(Original post by FloralEssence)
Yes!!! Oh God, I have had problems with AQA Psychology, I don't really know what happened in that exam for unit 2 (actually no, I do, I misunderstood the question but wrote about the biological model instead of the therapies) I am 2 marks away from A, B respectively (unit) so averaged to a B!

I like yourself was predicted A's all around the school year and, I am indeed very disappointed with my grade, but nevertheless motivated to do better at my A2s. The worst for me now is facing my teachers who believed that I would get an A grade with such conviction, and then I just didn't 'deliver it'.

I will try to smack them with an A* next year (aiming for 100%)! >.<
i'll get the first one sent off i think!! if it goes up to a B I'll be super happy as im also hoping for an A/A* at A2!!
LividLion
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Last year for my AS psychology I sent it away, paid the ludicrous fees and it went up one mark. In retrospect I wouldn't have done it whatsoever. Just repeat the exams in A2, they're much more concise and you've already learned them.

I did that this year and brought my PSYA1 from 68UMS to 82UMS. And I revised for that on the morning of. It's all there still, I would 100% recommend retaking it and saving your money. AQA love your money.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads