The Student Room Group

Nutrition and Dietetics applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlevelBiologist
Quick question:

The advantages to a Dietetics course over
Courses like Nutrition/ Human Nutrition/ Nutritional Biochemistry are obvious (professional registration and an almost garyanteed job) but what are the advantages to the aforementioned courses? Would it be easier to, for example, go into Lecturing/Research with a non-dietetics Nutrition based course?

Sometimes people can be a bit sniffy about 'professional' degrees like dietetics and other AHP degrees, but I don't think that nutrition would be held in higher regard if you wanted a research career. In fact, I suspect the opposite would be true, as Dietetics courses have to reach a set of defined standards to allow professionaln registration of the graduate.
Original post by Heynothing24
Hi! You can apply to five courses on UCAS when it's nutrition/dietetics. I'm applying to King's, Surrey, and Nottingham for nutrition and dietetics and then Leeds and Reading for just nutrition

From what I've heard, when you do a dietetics course the job opportunities are pretty good and they majority of people are employed by the NHS to begin with. There is also the opportunity to work as a nutritionists for companies such as Nestle. When I went to a Surrey open day, they said 90-95% of people who had done nutrition and dietetics were employed by the NHS after graduation and there were also others who had been employed in other companies so it sounds as though the employment is pretty good

It's magic help! Thank you so much
hi
I wanted to know how hard is human nutrition degree.
thank

Quick Reply

Latest