username1441766
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How did everyone find OCR's marking this year?

One of my chemistry modules (Salters F332 Natural Resources) I dropped 13 UMS, so 82/100 raw marks, despite being very sure I had very near full raw marks as I had done in all past papers (with very strict marking by my teacher). In the other I achieved full UMS. Fortunately, it didn't cost me a grade, but I'm considering a remark anyway to boost my UMS for Cambridge application, since I heard OCR's marking has been shady this year.

Has anyone else had unexpected results from OCR, particularly in Chemistry or other science where marking should be non-subjective?
Rubato
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yep, I got 91/100 in c1, 87/100 in S1 and then 58/100 in C2 despite calculating I got 58 raw karks which would be 80+ ums.
Alex621
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got 97+ UMS in C1,C2,C3,C4 and M1, but 89 in S1, which doesn't seem right after checking against an unofficial mark scheme but it doesn't affect my grade so i'm not too bothered but I would like to see my paper or get a remark just to see. Mine were OCR MEI though if that makes any difference
Fishhy34
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
YES Definately my F331 paper grade the most easiest paper i came out with a unexpected C when i was pretty sure I got and A
username1441766
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Fishhy34)
YES Definately my F331 paper grade the most easiest paper i came out with a unexpected C when i was pretty sure I got and A
I don't see why they can't just get it right first time You going for a remark then?
ComputerMaths97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Anyone got the official mark schemes for this years papers??
Fishhy34
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
our whole centres paper are going to be recalled for that unis because even people with overall As didn't do well in that paper.
(Original post by HT12345)
I don't see why they can't just get it right first time You going for a remark then?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (287)
55.73%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.27%

Watched Threads