Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I'm new here. I'm in 11th grade now and am doing Edexcel A/S Levels in Maths, Physics, Business and Computing.

Business and Physics are not a problem and I am expecting an A or B minimum in both. Computing I'm good at.

However, I am not doing so well at Maths. I got a 32% in my P1 module last january and i'm repeating it in a couple of days, I feel I'm not prepared for it at all though. I have also messed up M1 and probably will mess up P2. In my defense, I have been greatly demotivated and gave up on maths sometime around March so i'm not trying at all. My questions are; can i redo P1 maths for a 3rd time next year? (My text book says I'm only allowed to do each module twice). I'm gonna work hard in the summer and go to summer school and take extra lessons... and do u think i'll be able to handle A2 Level Maths? (all 6 modules to be done next year, plus my other A2 Levels).

I got an A in IGCSE Maths after repeating it (Got B the first time, maths was the only subject I repeated this year from IGCSE.. my IGCSE report has 1 A*, 5 As and 2 Bs now)

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PunkerDude)
    Hi all, I'm new here. I'm in 11th grade now and am doing Edexcel A/S Levels in Maths, Physics, Business and Computing.

Business and Physics are not a problem and I am expecting an A or B minimum in both. Computing I'm good at.

However, I am not doing so well at Maths. I got a 32% in my P1 module last january and i'm repeating it in a couple of days, I feel I'm not prepared for it at all though. I have also messed up M1 and probably will mess up P2. In my defense, I have been greatly demotivated and gave up on maths sometime around March so i'm not trying at all. My questions are; can i redo P1 maths for a 3rd time next year? (My text book says I'm only allowed to do each module twice). I'm gonna work hard in the summer and go to summer school and take extra lessons... and do u think i'll be able to handle A2 Level Maths? (all 6 modules to be done next year, plus my other A2 Levels).

I got an A in IGCSE Maths after repeating it (Got B the first time, maths was the only subject I repeated this year from IGCSE.. my IGCSE report has 1 A*, 5 As and 2 Bs now)

Thank you!

You can now retake as many times as you wish....
    and you really need to get to grips with P1 before you start looking at P3 because alot of the maths in later modules builds on P1. So depending on how you do this time round...is probably a good indicator of how you'll do at A2.

Katie

ReputationRep:
    Thank youu Katie good to know I can redo it again.
    So you think I should go for A2 Maths or just do another subject? I don't find Mechanichs hard at all by the way I just didnt have time to study for it since I'm doing 3 other subjects and knew I'm failing maths nywayz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PunkerDude)
    Thank youu Katie good to know I can redo it again.
    So you think I should go for A2 Maths or just do another subject? I don't find Mechanichs hard at all by the way I just didnt have time to study for it since I'm doing 3 other subjects and knew I'm failing maths nywayz

I would hate to sound harsh, but this is what i know:

you can only retake a single Module twice, then you have to take all three

and dude, if u have problems passing p1, how coul;d you pass p2 or p3?

Work really hard, and you can pull off mericales!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    I would hate to sound harsh, but this is what i know:

you can only retake a single Module twice, then you have to take all three

and dude, if u have problems passing p1, how coul;d you pass p2 or p3?

Work really hard, and you can pull off mericales!!
    They've changed it. Katie is right, you can resit as many times as you want now.

Also, it's 'miracles'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    They've changed it. Katie is right, you can resit as many times as you want now.

Also, it's 'miracles'.
    OK.... dont need to get mad, besdies wanna get pushy about the spelling, here lets see if you can solve this question:

5X = 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    OK.... dont need to get mad, besdies wanna get pushy about the spelling, here lets see if you can solve this question:

5X = 10

umm.. 4?

lol ive been studyin P1... I understand all the concepts and basic ideas but I still find it difficult to actually answer questions. I have no idea how I'll be able to do P2 and P3.. The year is over and I still have no idea wut P2 is all about.

You don't think summer school and me actually putting effort would help? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I just read that edexcel is changin ther maths syllabus! If this year doing AS I finished P1 P2 and M1 what modules will I do next year? my teacher said we're doing P3 M2 and S1 if I decide to go on with A2... but then i read that there are only two modules for A2 and C 1-4 something.. What's that? lol i have no idea wuts goin on.. freaky maths world..

bored of P1 hehe.. wanna go learn a new Iron Maiden song!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)

5X = 10

apple!!.. or is it apple^2 ?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 6, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.