I was watching this famous cricketer talk about his retirement and the reasons behind that.
He mentioned 'i want to spend more time with my beautiful wife'. And this is a common phrase. All throughout the interview he never said 'wife' alone - always 'beautiful wife'. And he is a decent and well-meaning person.
And I realised that society basically judges the vast majority of women on their looks and just their looks. No body cares about their intelligence or their hard work. Its all about face, boobs, bum / ratings out of 10 etc.
Given that this is the expectation, it must be so difficult for them to focus on anything else.
Looks mater about 30% the other 70% is personality imo
Ask a girl whether they'd rather be called beautiful or caring, then you'll realise why the cricketer and many others use them words.
I think you may be misinterpreting or over-thinking the word "beautiful" to describe a person - its common to describe someone as 'beautiful' for their qualities. A woman can look stunning but have a heart of stone - therefore, you wouldn't really want to marry her and call her beautiful. I think for a guy to say his wife is beautiful describes her as an overal person, not just her looks.
We can come to whole conclusions about ingrained sexism in society based on a cricketer's choice of adjective?
You sound like my GCSE English teacher...