Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My girlfriend doesn't shave her armpits. I feel sick Watch

Announcements

We have been together for 3 weeks, taking things slowly. She was wearing a tshirt and she was reaching for something above, i noticed she had soo much armpitt hair. Way more than me, i felt sick. Is this a common occurrence, since this was the first time i ever witnessed a girl with armpit hair. I understand if it was a stubble but it was full on long strands.

ReputationRep:
    End it ASAP!!

ReputationRep:
    Give her gillette shaving cream and a shaving stick

ReputationRep:
    If you think armpit hair is more important than your relationship then yes, break up. You're wasting her time.

ReputationRep:
    Not your armpits mate :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    Do you shave YOUR armpits?

I somehow imagine not.

(Original post by RowanB)

I somehow imagine not.
    Yes i do and i dont care what you think

ReputationRep:
    If you don't shave your own armpits, you have no right to judge her.
    If you do shave your own armpits, you STILL have no right to judge her because it's her armpits.

Break up with her, she deserves better.

ReputationRep:
    Why is hair on your own body, which I presume you don't remove, acceptable while hair on your girlfriend's body isn't?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    We have been together for 3 weeks, taking things slowly. She was wearing a tshirt and she was reaching for something above, i noticed she had soo much armpitt hair. Way more than me, i felt sick. Is this a common occurrence, since this was the first time i ever witnessed a girl with armpit hair. I understand if it was a stubble but it was full on long strands.

(Original post by RowanB)

I somehow imagine not.
    I do, its hygienic

ReputationRep:
    If it's that important to you that you want her to change, break up with her and let her move on with someone who won't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllainKahlo)
    If it's that important to you that you want her to change, break up with her and let her move on with someone who won't care.
    Good luck to her.

(Original post by EllainKahlo)
    Okay i will. I think most guys will care

ReputationRep:
    She doesn't deserve you lmao.

ReputationRep:
    I do, its hygienic
    It's actually more hygienic to keep armpit hair - it helps ventilate your pits, as it gets moisture and bacteria away from your skin.

All hair has a purpose, or you wouldn't have evolved to have it.

ReputationRep:
    This is what girls do to test your love. You, my friend, have failed the test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaffre)
    If you think armpit hair is more important than your relationship then yes, break up. You're wasting her time.
    Great advice, Zaffre. You immediately assumed he wanted to end the relationship based on the few paragraphs he provided, and wrote a baseless condescending comment which achieved nothing of value.

OP, the best thing to do would be to talk to her. Tell her about your problem -- why is bothers you -- and ask, nicely, if she could shave them for you. If she won't do you the courtesy, then that's something you'll have to take into consideration.

ReputationRep:
    Shave it in her sleep. :yy:

(Original post by Zaffre)
    It's actually more hygienic to keep armpit hair - it helps ventilate your pits, as it gets moisture and bacteria away from your skin.

All hair has a purpose, or you wouldn't have evolved to have it.
    Actually if the hair is too long, it will provide a breeding for bacteria that convert sweat to 'body odour'. So you also dont have your armpits i imagine.

I do, its hygienic
    it's not more hygienic though that is a different debate.
    Personally I don't shave in the winter and on off during the summer partially because it's my choice but partially because it can cause painful infected glands. So talk to her ask her why it may be medical, she may change for you, you may decide to look over it otherwise it's okay it wasn't the right fit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.