The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Sleeeeeeep

What's the best way to induce sleep?
Late nights before exams are doing me no good....
I want to return to my normal sleep pattern... need to wake up at 7 tomorrow and i only start to feel sleepy around 1/2 am
Reply 1
Listen to a Cliff Richard album from the early 1970's, after realising every one of the 15 songs on it sound the same you will instantly be asleep. Failing that watch some Graham Norton which will have the same desired effect.
Reply 2
PrincessParadox
I want to return to my normal sleep pattern... need to wake up at 7 tomorrow and i only start to feel sleepy around 1/2 am

i have the EXACT same problem as you
Reply 3
Personally, I find the best way to fall asleep is to close your eyes.
Reply 4
run at a wall until you get knocked out :biggrin:
PrincessParadox

I just have a problem with sleep altogether, let alone around exam time! I just can't seem to be able to empty my mind. I have the days (or weeks) events going through my head and I can't stop it. I've even tried knicking myself out with sleeping pills, took too many but it still had no effect on me whatsoever.
Reply 6
PrincessParadox

think of black velvet - although I always get the song in my head then and cant sleep
Personally I'd find it difficult to sleep with Graham Norton's voice in the background...

You could get Derren Brown to phone you up like he does on TV with the public telephones, where the people who answer end up falling asleep. :tongue:
Reply 8
ainat87
I just have a problem with sleep altogether, let alone around exam time! I just can't seem to be able to empty my mind. I have the days (or weeks) events going through my head and I can't stop it. I've even tried knicking myself out with sleeping pills, took too many but it still had no effect on me whatsoever.

I'm like that, last night I went to bed at about 12 I was still lying awake in the dark at 5 :eek:
Hmmm i never sleep on any day so count yourself lucky. Well, i DO sleep, of course, just not much, and not everynight, and no it isn't a case of "go to bed earlier" whatever i do i can't sleep and i don't want to be taking sleeping tablets so i've just got used to it really. I probably average about 4 hours sleep a night, forget bad for exams - that's bad for health, so consider yourself lucky!
Some Valium and a nice galss of Vodka! :tongue: :wink: :cool:

ps- Do not try this at home.
Reply 11
Lavender, a lavender pillow can work.

Boots do a nutmeg and mint spray that you spray on your pillow.

Get into a routine. Switch tv, pc, etc off. Have a warm bath a milky drink and go to bed. You need to do this at the same time every night for a week or two though. After a while you body gets the message that this is the before sleep routine and gets ready for sleep when you do.

Latest

Trending

Trending