The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Computer hacker

Can people really hack into a company computer system ?
What about a uni or college system.
I guess it's illegal tho? Can you be found out ?
Reply 1
Everything can be hacked. It depends whether u r good enough or not. Same goes for being cuaght

Posted from TSR Mobile
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Wia Sum
Can people really hack into a company computer system ?
What about a uni or college system.
I guess it's illegal tho? Can you be found out ?

What sort of question is this lol

Yes you can pretty much hack almost anything, especially if it's networked.

There are cases where this is not illegal, for example, if you find a vulnerability in some software and then inform the creators of said software, then you will most likely earn some form of credit (monetary or gratitude), these people are normally referred to as white hat hackers.

If you spot a vulnerability, and then use it to access a system, then this is illegal. People who do this are known as black hat hackers.

If you some sort of script kiddie who downloads Kali Linux and then tries firing off payloads to every port on a server through metasploit, then not only is this illegal, but you are also referred to as a complete moron
Reply 3
Ok you guys. Seem to know your stuff.
Why do I ask ?
It's a girl.
She lives in Hong Kong but attends Canterbury college.
I have tried private investigators in HK but got know where.
I have tried P Is in London and they want £650.00 plus VAT 😫😫😫
It's frustrating , but I want her address in HK so I can send her flowers presents etc.
I have lost contact , well she says maybe we should stop texting cause we live to far apart . But I know I can impress her.
They say mob numbers can be traced , but again I tried and they seem to be a con , take your money with no results. Is there soft ware that can find an address with phone number ?
That address is so close to me here in Canterbury. If only I could get access . But I guess it's not possible. , any ideas. .?
I have to be honest with you: this is basically stalking. If a woman says 'we should stop texting' then I think you need to follow her lead and stop texting. If you are still trying to make contact and she is not responding then she quite possibly thinks this relationship (however deep it is) is not going to work.

If you are paying a PI to track her down then you are going to spend a lot of money and - to be frank - the private investigator is doing stuff way outside his remit. They should not be trying to track down your girl ... and if they gave you an address what will you realistically do? You may end up scaring her. Is that what you want?

You sound like someone blinded by love but - take it from me - you will get over this. Move on.
Original post by Wia Sum
Ok you guys. Seem to know your stuff.
Why do I ask ?
It's a girl.
She lives in Hong Kong but attends Canterbury college.
I have tried private investigators in HK but got know where.
I have tried P Is in London and they want £650.00 plus VAT 😫😫😫
It's frustrating , but I want her address in HK so I can send her flowers presents etc.
I have lost contact , well she says maybe we should stop texting cause we live to far apart . But I know I can impress her.
They say mob numbers can be traced , but again I tried and they seem to be a con , take your money with no results. Is there soft ware that can find an address with phone number ?
That address is so close to me here in Canterbury. If only I could get access . But I guess it's not possible. , any ideas. .?

I know from your perspective you're probably thinking it'd be quite sweet for her to one day receive some flowers or presents, and she'll realise how much she means to you and how hard you've fought for her.

But from her perspective, it's creepy. She'll probably wonder just how far you're prepared to go and wonder if you're a bit unstable. It's not normal behaviour. If anything it's going to put her off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending