HistoryStudent1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I need to remark my English as I got a D in the exam, but was predicted 100 ums in both papers. I just have a few questions about how the remarks work: How long does a regular remark take? How much do they cost (I heard that you don't have to pay if your grade increases)? Is there a chance that I could get another clueless examiner? Does the examiner know what your previous grade was (I can imagine an examiner not wanting to give a person 60 extra marks, which is what I am expecting)?
HistoryStudent1
Rep:
?
Bump
HistoryStudent1
Rep:
?
Bump
HistoryStudent1
Rep:
?
Well this is upsetting.
ichild21
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi

I was wondering there are any private candidates out there that have experienced very poor grades with the exam board AQA.

Somehow I managed to get 5 U grades in English Language B and History.

After some good old fashioned detective work, I found that the 'school/college' that received my coursework only teaches 1 unit in common with the ones that I completed. Coincidentally this is the unit that I received the best mark on.

My tutors strongly suggested that I get them remarked at a cost of £231.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian
Hikachu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
a normal remark is £40, and will usually be done within 30 days. £47 for a faster remark, not sure how long that'd take though.
either way, if your grade is bumped up, you'll get your money back.
there's no way of knowing what examiner you'll get, though i honestly would assume they can see your previous grade. still, might be worth a shot!
HistoryStudent1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hikachu)
a normal remark is £40, and will usually be done within 30 days. £47 for a faster remark, not sure how long that'd take though.
either way, if your grade is bumped up, you'll get your money back.
there's no way of knowing what examiner you'll get, though i honestly would assume they can see your previous grade. still, might be worth a shot!
I probably should have already said this. I applied for a remark about 5 minutes after I got my results, as I was hoping to get an A* at A level for English, and use it to apply to Cambridge, as I didn't know how long it would take (because you have to apply before October 15th).
Hikachu
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HistoryStudent1)
I probably should have already said this. I applied for a remark about 5 minutes after I got my results, as I was hoping to get an A* at A level for English, and use it to apply to Cambridge, as I didn't know how long it would take (because you have to apply before October 15th).
you should get it in around 30 days then is this at AS or A2?
HistoryStudent1
Rep:
?
you should get it in around 30 days then is this at AS or A2?
AS, so I couldn't get a priority remark.
Hikachu
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
AS, so I couldn't get a priority remark.
that's fine then, you'll certainly have the remarked grades back before you need to send off your ucas application. that doesn't need to be done until december, so don't worry!
maliha97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I need to remark my English as I got a D in the exam, but was predicted 100 ums in both papers. I just have a few questions about how the remarks work: How long does a regular remark take? How much do they cost (I heard that you don't have to pay if your grade increases)? Is there a chance that I could get another clueless examiner? Does the examiner know what your previous grade was (I can imagine an examiner not wanting to give a person 60 extra marks, which is what I am expecting)?
my friend got her aqa paper sent in for remark today, she paid 60 - this is priority remark, so the exam have to give you back the paper before 31st august, if its for a uni offer, other wise a normal remark, may take a month or two, not exactly sure.
HistoryStudent1
Rep:
?
that's fine then, you'll certainly have the remarked grades back before you need to send off your ucas application. that doesn't need to be done until december, so don't worry!
I'm hoping that I can still apply to Cambridge, so I need it by October.
Hikachu
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm hoping that I can still apply to Cambridge, so I need it by October.
it should still arrive in time; september, if you sent it off as soon as you got your results
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.55%
No (211)
76.45%

Watched Threads