The Student Room Group

Personal statement help!!

Hi guys, I am hoping to apply for a Psychology course (single honours) next year at Uni but I am finding it very hard to start writing my personal statement. It would be really helpful if someone could give me some advice on how to write a 'punchy' first paragraph and maybe how to structure the rest of the statement so it flows nicely. Thank you :smile:
Original post by nicflude
Hi guys, I am hoping to apply for a Psychology course (single honours) next year at Uni but I am finding it very hard to start writing my personal statement. It would be really helpful if someone could give me some advice on how to write a 'punchy' first paragraph and maybe how to structure the rest of the statement so it flows nicely. Thank you :smile:

Don't start with the start. Put something in to make do and write the rest. Writing/redrafting your opening paragraph is much easier once you've written the rest.

Use the ps builder on TSR to help you structure it and avoid common mistakes
Reply 2
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3510823 this thread might help, as this person is also applying for psychology.
you don't need to worry too much right now though, just get anything down that you can think of. your teachers will be able to help you develop it as you go along!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending