This discussion is closed.
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I've found a signature, but can't figure out how to post it,as it's an animation, so I can't just type in the words, can some1 please help???

Cheers,
Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
u can use img codeing in ure sig. eg [.I.M.G.]picture[/I.M.G] without the dots, ob, i had to put them in so it didnt try to finda picture to put in this reply
PHIL
Rep:
?
Thanks, but I'm well **** with computers, an haven't got a clue what any of that means.

Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh, did u mean avatar, the pic under ure name?
PHIL
Rep:
?
No, I meant signatue, the thing under your message, like a musical gal's got, only with a different animation.

Cheers,
Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
when you go to write a reply for a message, look in the vB code toolbar for IMG. try clicking on it and writing the location of your pcture in the resulting box. click ok. the text that comes up should be how you write the code in your sig. copy and paste!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Where do I copy and paste it to?

Phil
PHIL
Rep:
?
I've tried copying and pasting it into the signatre box in my user cp, edit profile area, but it just comes up with the code on my last post, see exam results 5 weeks to go. Sorry about this,

Thanks for your help,
Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i made it work with a logo, but the logo u want seems to be in hotmail, hotmail is secure and wont let any one else access it, thats my guess, u need to find it out side of hotmail
PHIL
Rep:
?
Cheers Ollie. You were right, but it's pretty wierd, as my avatar's are loading from hotmail?

Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hmmm... indeed it is odd, maybe the avatars are stored locally on d's server
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey phil, i only just read ure email conserning avatars, looks like uve sorted it yourself!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Cheers for your help and patience anyway, sorry it took so long, but I'm well bad with computers, when it comes to even remotely technical ****. I see what you mean about adding colour, but it seems to be slowing th esystem down, so I might eventually get rid of it, not sure yet.

Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, i guess. i like ure avavtar but i think the sigs a bit big!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Thanks,

Phil
d
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by PHIL
Thanks,

Phil
Phil,

If you post your avatar here as an attachment I'll put it on this server for you and alter your footer settings accordingly.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Thanks for that,

Phil
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok, seeing that my name has been mentioned I going to explain my signature and how I did it.

Although, please note, I like my orginality. Until Ollie mentioned avatar nobody had one and now look everyone has one.

I'm only doing this to help not to encourage you to get signature, unlike ollie did. (sorry ollie!)

Ok this is how I got my siguture! Sorry if this takes a while to load.

1. Visit www.mysmilies.com. This is the only site I use at present.

2. Find a picture you like and click on it.

You should notice that this

will turn to this

3. Now right click this box and select select all
4. Right Click again and select copy
5. Go to your User CP and Edit Profile
6. Right Click in the signature and select paste. Now you should have something similar to this.

7.If you wish to add some words, add them.

8.Click on Submit Modifications and your done. You should end up with something like my signature.

If you wish to put pictures in text do steps 1-4 and paste in message box (right click paste)

As before, I like my orginality and I will be quite p***ed if everyone starts having signatures like mine! Don't copy be orginal!

Bring signatures to your screens,
A Musical Gal

PS This took forever to make! I hope you like it!
PPS If you need any help, feel free to PM me but NOT EMAIL!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm only doing this to help not to encourage you to get signature, unlike ollie did. (sorry ollie!)
ah thats ok! personally i think everyone shoud have one, it makes the forum more colourfull, but in an organised kinda way! agree to disagree?! lol,

cant fault u on that explanation of how to get a sig though, very impressive! better than my ramblings!
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It took a while but I wanted to out do your pm and I'll do your avatar for you post.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (163)
15.45%
Uncertainty around my education (172)
16.3%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (103)
9.76%
Isolating with family (71)
6.73%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (39)
3.7%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (91)
8.63%
Loneliness (106)
10.05%
Financial worries (48)
4.55%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (97)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (74)
7.01%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (91)
8.63%

Watched Threads