Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

england's dream team watch

Announcements

(Original post by DuncanM)
    I don't like him but 49 goals from midfield is an incredible record
    Yeah, especially when you compare it to somebody like Heskey who's a forward, bah! I can't believe some people say Rooney is rubbish when he's a million times better then Heskey!

As for Englands dream team, i was watching hannibal instead but somebody posted the lineup and it looks generally pretty good, i'd have guessed about 8 of them. Who said Beckham is overated when he's the best crosser in football?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuncanM)
    I was talking to Xenon about the Shearer/Lineker thing. Surely bobby charltons gotta be in your side, I don't like him but 49 goals from midfield is an incredible record
    Bobby was a fantastic player, but I'd like to have 1 workhorse-like player in central midfield, just to tie things together and get a few tackles in when needed. I'd maybe consider putting Charlton in for Gascoigne.
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Who said Beckham is overated when he's the best crosser in football?
    That's not why I'd definitely have him in my team. The Greece performance personifies the man's sheer grit and determination. He has such a will to win which is sometimes overlooked because, as you have done, people see him as some kind of a flair player, a luxury.

He's can be, but he can also single-handedly win a team a match, as demonstrated perfectly by that Greece match. Nobody else on that pitch was playing as though they gave a toss, but Beckham dug in and covered the entire pitch for the final half an hour. His hard work payed off and anyone that says he is overrated is very wide of the mark, in my opinion.

You've never seen him play for Real Madrid in their last dozen or so matches it seems

It was Figo doing that job, not lazy ass Beckham!

ReputationRep:
    Who said Beckham is overated when he's the best crosser in football?
    It depends how you like you're football played. Beckham doent have to beat a man to set up a goal but bends it round them, i prefer matthews as he used to assist goals by beating a man with some skill then finding the pass, which although it has the same result is a lot better to watch and more in the spirit of how football should be played - and much much more interesting to watch. Plus, although they are both model athletes on the pitch in terms of leadership and leading from the front, matthews has a slight edge and was years ahead of his time in terms of fitness and technique.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben3085)
    He's can be, but he can also single-handedly win a team a match, as demonstrated perfectly by that Greece match. Nobody else on that pitch was playing as though they gave a toss, but Beckham dug in and covered the entire pitch for the final half an hour. His hard work payed off and anyone that says he is overrated is very wide of the mark, in my opinion.
    You're right there. If you have him in the team, you'd know that he definitely wouldn't give up. He was the one player who got england through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Beckham's in ahead of Matthews, so it already is.
    Becks is better than matthews, but i would have probably played 3-5-2 and have matthews outside right, and becks inside right.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, especially when you compare it to somebody like Heskey who's a forward, bah! I can't believe some people say Rooney is rubbish when he's a million times better then Heskey!

As for Englands dream team, i was watching hannibal instead but somebody posted the lineup and it looks generally pretty good, i'd have guessed about 8 of them. Who said Beckham is overated when he's the best crosser in football?
    Rooney is currently not performing to his ability, which is why people say he is rubbish, in a different way to saying heskey's rubbish as he never had any ability in the first place.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.