anyg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I just wanted to know how is the paramedic course?
I cannot find any threads about paramedic science and just wanted to look further into it. I am an A level student.

Could any of you answer any of these questions please:
1) You see the C1 license, did you have to get that license within the one year of the course?

2) I heard some people saying that NHS will fund for the Paramedic science course while others are saying that they won't. Could somone clarify for this for me please because I am abit confused?

3) What voluntary work experience have you done to get onto this course? There are many I want to do but are very far from where I live or either missed the deadline ;'( because of holiday. Might have to take a gap year if I want to fix that up.

I am looking at British red cross website for voluntary work, but I am trying to find something that suits for the course. I am seeing many interns on Admin, but I want to work with "how life is like a paramedic" by looking after patients or somewhere along the lines of that (health and social care to be specific).

4) Are there any other website you know that I can volunteer that could boost my personal statement for this course!!?

P.S.
I have done many work experience and voluntary work but they aren't related to paramedic science and on my personal statement, I just purely want it to be related to this course, nothing else.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi. I've moved this thread into the healthcare forum which is where you'll find fellow paramedics (and hopeful paramedics)
Happy_Holidays
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

If you look on here there's plenty of threads about paramedic courses.
[QUOTE=anyg;58500905]I just wanted to know how is the paramedic course?
I cannot find any threads about paramedic science and just wanted to look further into it. I am an A level student.

Could any of you answer any of these questions please:
1) You see the C1 license, did you have to get that license within the one year of the course? /[quote]
It depends on the uni. Some require C1 before, some during and some don't care. Though you would need it to get a paramedic job.

2) I heard some people saying that NHS will fund for the Paramedic science course while others are saying that they won't. Could somone clarify for this for me please because I am abit confused?
Some courses are funded and others aren't. You would have to check with the individual unis.

3) What voluntary work experience have you done to get onto this course? There are many I want to do but are very far from where I live or either missed the deadline ;'( because of holiday. Might have to take a gap year if I want to fix that up.

I am looking at British red cross website for voluntary work, but I am trying to find something that suits for the course. I am seeing many interns on Admin, but I want to work with "how life is like a paramedic" by looking after patients or somewhere along the lines of that (health and social care to be specific).
It really doesn't matter what you do experience wise. What they are looking for is that you can work with others and that you have an understanding of the profession. Applicants get far too hung up on thinking experience must be ambulance or health care related.

4) Are there any other website you know that I can volunteer that could boost my personal statement for this course!!?

P.S.
I have done many work experience and voluntary work but they aren't related to paramedic science and on my personal statement, I just purely want it to be related to this course, nothing else.
I would suggest having a look at the threads on this site and have a look on www.ukambulanceforum.com for a better understanding of the actual job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (42)
64.62%
I don't have everything I need (23)
35.38%

Watched Threads