Will I be able to achieve a DMM overall? Watch

sarinstalletoi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've just finished my first year of college, I'm doing a level 3 extended diploma in business, i got an overall M for the first year, in a few units I achieved Distinctions.

I was wondering if it was possible to achive DMM/DDM after the second year after only getting an M in the first year?
Brown Bear
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sarinstalletoi)
I've just finished my first year of college, I'm doing a level 3 extended diploma in business, i got an overall M for the first year, in a few units I achieved Distinctions.

I was wondering if it was possible to achive DMM/DDM after the second year after only getting an M in the first year?
If you did extended diploma (level 3) then I assume you had 9 units this year. Could you tell me what grade you got for each unit (P, M or D) and then I can calculate what grades you'd need to get next year to achieve at least DMM (or higher).
sarinstalletoi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Brown Bear)
If you did extended diploma (level 3) then I assume you had 9 units this year. Could you tell me what grade you got for each unit (P, M or D) and then I can calculate what grades you'd need to get next year to achieve at least DMM (or higher).
I got 1 pass, 5 Merits and 3 Distinctions
Brown Bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
With your current first year grades, these are the unit grades you would need to achieve in the second year to get these results overall.

To achieve DMM

4 Distinctions, 5 Pass's

OR

3 Distinctions, 6 Pass's

OR

2 Distinctions, 1 Merit, 6 pass's

OR

1 Distinction, 3 Merits, 5 Pass's

To achieve DDM overall

5 Distinctions, 4 pass's

OR

4 Distinctions, 1 Merit, 4 Pass's

OR

3 Distinctions, 3 Merits, 3 Pass's

OR

2 Distinctions, 5 Merits, 2 Pass's

OR

1 Distinction, 6 Merits, 1 Pass

To achieve DDD overall

7 Distinctions, 2 Pass's

OR

6 Distinctions, 1 Merit, 2 Pass's

OR

5 Distinctions, 2 Merit's, 3 Pass's

OR

4 Distinctions, 5 Merit's

To achieve D*DD overall

8 Distinctions, 1 Pass

OR

7 Distinctions, 2 Merit's
Brown Bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Overall, it's incredibly do-able for you to achieve DMM or DDM. In fact, i'd aim way higher because you're in a great position and I reckon you're fully capable of doing that

Good luck
muaathen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You might be able to 3 of the units from the first year as only 6 from the 9 was sent to edexcel. So ask your teacher if they let you complete it to get higher grade.
cautious
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Brown Bear)
Overall, it's incredibly do-able for you to achieve DMM or DDM. In fact, i'd aim way higher because you're in a great position and I reckon you're fully capable of doing that

Good luck

Hi, I am also doing the same level 3 extended diploma in business and got the grade: '' Double grade distinction merit '' for my first year of the course. Could you also calculate what I'd need to achieve in my upcoming year to attain a final DDD grade? I did nine units and they consist of:

3 Distinctions, 3 merits and 3 passes

Many thanks
Brown Bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cautious)
Hi, I am also doing the same level 3 extended diploma in business and got the grade: '' Double grade distinction merit '' for my first year of the course. Could you also calculate what I'd need to achieve in my upcoming year to attain a final DDD grade? I did nine units and they consist of:

3 Distinctions, 3 merits and 3 passes

Many thanks

No problem!

To achieve DDD overall

8 Distinctions, 1 Pass

OR

7 Distinctions, 1 Merit, 1 Pass

OR

6 Distinctions, 3 Merits

To achieve D*DD overall

9 Distinctions
jess_shabani
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey i'm also doing the same course and got on my first year 4Ds, 1M and 4Ps.. I was just wondering whether i can still achieve DDD overall.
__AishaAhmed__
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I do BTEC business level 3 I received 9 distinctions for my first year (we have 9units each year) and got a merit in my unit in the second year still waiting for the rest of the units grades but let's say I get the distinctions for the remaining 8 units what will my grade be overall.
Tes Tes Tes
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I have got five units distinction and three units merit and one pass is that mean I already achieved DMM
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1114)
78.9%
Leave (298)
21.1%

Watched Threads