Need advice on whether it's worth applying

Watch
Satath
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I need advice on whether its worth applying to the university course. I got my AS results yesterday and they were:B in politics,C in Economics,D in psychology and an E in history. My teachers said they were pretty good considering the rough year I've had but I'm just worrying now because I was looking at doing Politics and International Relations with a year in North America at the University of Kent. Last year they were asking for BBB which I could have easily done by resitting the few exams I messed up on but they've increased it to ABB now. Is it even worth applying for that course? I don't know if it'll be possible for me to get an A in any of my subjects even if I resit some of my exams but I'm not sure if the university would be lenient and let me in on a BBB.
somnolent
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are you restricted to the University of Kent? There are a number of universities offering Politics and International Relations that may have lower entry requirements, and entry requirements don't always reflect the quality of the course.

It's always worth applying, in my opinion. Entry requirements aren't always set in stone.
Satath
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by somnolent)
Are you restricted to the University of Kent? There are a number of universities offering Politics and International Relations that may have lower entry requirements, and entry requirements don't always reflect the quality of the course.
It's always worth applying, in my opinion. Entry requirements aren't always set in stone.
Not restricted but it's the one I like the look of the most and a bunch of other factors as well. If I get BBB that should still get me considered.
somnolent
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Satath)
Not restricted but it's the one I like the look of the most and a bunch of other factors as well. If I get BBB that should still get me considered.
Ah, OK. Then it's definitely worth applying - make sure your teachers are happy with your predicted grades for A2 and boss those resits! I'd also recommend going to as many open days as you can, if you haven't done that already; it's easy to decide you like the look of a course on the website, but nothing beats first-hand experience of the university and the people who'll be teaching you. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
6.06%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
12.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (7)
21.21%

Watched Threads