15 And Never Had a Girlfriend, am I screwed already?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm 15 (almost 16) and have never been on a date, been kissed, had a girlfriend etc.
I'm pretty happy with most other aspects of my life, but this simple thing is making me constantly depressed and making me feel worthless.
I'm not completely shy around girls, I think I'm pretty sociable around some of my other female friends (All of which have boyfriends, btw), but I just haven't put the effort or mustered the courage to actually ask a girl out.
Almost everyone I know has had at least 1 girlfriend before, and I find that all I can do is compare myself to them.

And what this all amounts to is that I'm constantly anxious and worrying if I'll ever get a girlfriend. At this point I feel like I'll never be able to change the way things are. Hell, if every other guy has more experience then me, then what the hell am I supposed to do?

So, whats the deal? Have I screwed it up already, or am I just being pessimistic?
khalid78628
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I feel for you. Most people get girlfriends at the age of 8.
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 15 (almost 16) and have never been on a date, been kissed, had a girlfriend etc.
I'm pretty happy with most other aspects of my life, but this simple thing is making me constantly depressed and making me feel worthless.
I'm not completely shy around girls, I think I'm pretty sociable around some of my other female friends (All of which have boyfriends, btw), but I just haven't put the effort or mustered the courage to actually ask a girl out.
Almost everyone I know has had at least 1 girlfriend before, and I find that all I can do is compare myself to them.

And what this all amounts to is that I'm constantly anxious and worrying if I'll ever get a girlfriend. At this point I feel like I'll never be able to change the way things are. Hell, if every other guy has more experience then me, then what the hell am I supposed to do?

So, whats the deal? Have I screwed it up already, or am I just being pessimistic?
Geez you're 15 god almighty when I was 15 girls was the last thing on my mind, it was all about football and playing video games. Quit worrying and live life to the full.
Kalail
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, ur not screwed. One of my friends isn't going to have a relationship until they're 18
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're 15 ffs, you should be busy killing skrubs on CoD/GTA/Whatever not writing this :erm:
ImagineCats
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm turning 16 next week and I've never had my first kiss/boyfriend and I really couldn't care less- most guys at our age have the phuck-boy haircut and only talk about sex. I'd rather wait for a mature relationship than go off with any guy that looks at me like majority of girls in my year do! I care more about getting into a good uni than going on dates at this point in my life tbh
mstevens01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do not worry. Never had one either (Im 17) and in the most part it doesn't really matter: As long as you have decent social skills, how many relationships youve been in shouldnt affect how you end out in the long run. If your'e insecure, Its fine to dedicate your time towards stuff like that but eventually its a matter of personal taste
username47781
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Locking this as the thread is 3 1/2 years old.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (19)
31.15%
No - I have already returned home (8)
13.11%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (12)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (3)
4.92%
No - I live at home during term anyway (19)
31.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed