Turn on thread page Beta

Holidays watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on going on holiday with a bunch of mates to celebrate my 18th next year. Not sure where to go. Any ideas? At the moment I'm thinking Tenerife. Fairly cheap, hot, etc. Besides, I just came back from tenerife this morning, and I loved it. We stayed in Troviscas (sp?) which is only a short cab ride from Las Americas and Los Christianos where all the good night life is found. But yea, any other recommendations bearing in mind it can't be too expensive and has to have nightlife!!

ReputationRep:
    Depending on what you want I'd say somewhere like Tenerife, Ibiza, Malia (Crete), Magaluf etc. Most of those are what you want. However, if you wanted something a bit different (and a bit more memorable) I'd suggest somewhere like Morocco, parts of Turkey or even maybe some Eastern European countries- these places are seriously cheap and are also quite underrated (most of eastern europe has 24hr clubs and stuff, beer for 25p a bottle and cheap food/accommodation). Also the weather isn't too bad in the summer there- around 30degrees C.

ReputationRep:
    go to Zante

i'm going there with my mates

the place to be this year apparently

ReputationRep:
    Bali

ReputationRep:
    cheers. i was thinking I might try turkey out. A couple of my mates went there last month and said it was fantastic!

Beer at 25p a bottle! Sounds good. ha ha. In tenerife there were several places where you could get it at a euro a pint. The only trouble is, I don't drink beer, (ok so I drunk shandy on holiday, but thats the closest I'll get to it). I've been on vodka all week, whether it be as vodka and orange or a sex on the beach cocktail, so anywhere where spirits are cheap is good enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainat87)
    cheers. i was thinking I might try turkey out. A couple of my mates went there last month and said it was fantastic!
    Hmmm. My cousin got held hostage there, I wouldn't recommend it if you're just a group of girls. Same goes for Morocco.

ReputationRep:
    Eastern Europe then, maybe Bulgaria. Vodka for £2 or £3 a litre- it's not bad stuff either, certainly as good as smirnoff red.

****- I didn't realise that it was a group of girls. Avoid Morocco and Turkey then, also I'd avoid Eastern Europe if I were you....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuvverRussia)
    Eastern Europe then, maybe Bulgaria. Vodka for £2 or £3 a litre- it's not bad stuff either, certainly as good as smirnoff red.

****- I didn't realise that it was a group of girls. Avoid Morocco and Turkey then, also I'd avoid Eastern Europe if I were you....
    I'm not sure yet whether the lads are coming or not. But if they don't I've made a mental note not to go to morocco, turkey or easten europe. cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure yet whether the lads are coming or not. But if they don't I've made a mental note not to go to morocco, turkey or easten europe. cheers!
    i'm goin tenerife on july 6th, im stayin in playa los americas? whats it like there? ive herd some good things about a foam party, did u go? how much are the **** and booze roughly, and what about the girls? sorry to ask all these questions but ive never been and i'm lookin foward to it

ReputationRep:
    I went to Mallorca for 2 weeks with 30 of my mates last summer. It was AWESOME!!!! We had some friends working in the pubs so we always had free booze. Its a bit tacky but if you're going with you mates you'd have a blast. I was staying in santa ponca which is about ten minutes from Magaluf. Magaluf has one savage club called BCM that charges 18 euro admission with free drinks all night and great specials and sometimes........even nekkid dancers, what else could you want??!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Laganas in Zante is the place to be, turtles, yeh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Laganas in Zante is the place to be, turtles, yeh!
    zante's meant to be the next ibiza, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    zante's meant to be the next ibiza, right?
    Dunno, Im just doing my own hyping up yo!

ReputationRep:
    How about Malta?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious stuff)
    go to Zante

i'm going there with my mates

the place to be this year apparently
    im going there in july with 11 of my mates!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wen u going

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on going on holiday with a bunch of mates to celebrate my 18th next year. Not sure where to go. Any ideas? At the moment I'm thinking Tenerife. Fairly cheap, hot, etc. Besides, I just came back from tenerife this morning, and I loved it. We stayed in Troviscas (sp?) which is only a short cab ride from Las Americas and Los Christianos where all the good night life is found. But yea, any other recommendations bearing in mind it can't be too expensive and has to have nightlife!!
    i've just booked a holiday to Bulgaria with my boyfriend - apparently it's the new italy, but much cheaper. It's on the black sea and weather is good, but if you're looking for the club scene it's probably not the best choice, we're going for a quiet beach holiday. How about magaluf or somewhere? if you get a last minute deal you should be able to get a really good deal, otherwise keep your eyes open for last minute flights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbiegirl)
    im going there in july with 11 of my mates!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wen u going
    we are going towards the end of August

what hotel are you staying at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    i've just booked a holiday to Bulgaria with my boyfriend - apparently it's the new italy, but much cheaper. It's on the black sea and weather is good, but if you're looking for the club scene it's probably not the best choice, we're going for a quiet beach holiday. How about magaluf or somewhere? if you get a last minute deal you should be able to get a really good deal, otherwise keep your eyes open for last minute flights.
    Hey allisandro, sounds like exactly the sort of holiday me and my bf are looking for Can I ask how much you paid? If you have any details about the holiday or anything I'd really appreciate a PM. Thanks a bunch, hope you have a wicked time there

ReputationRep:
    I recommend one of the Greek Islands. Last year I went to Rhodes on a last minute deal from Teletext. We stayed in Rhodes Town, and it was great! Nightlife was really good and there's falaraki not too far away!

ReputationRep:
    I remember going on a school trip to Russia, it was great! Vodka was only like $2-3 per bottle, and you could get absolutly smashed on it in 20 minutes!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.