jubjamie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I am a current student and also part of the Backstage team that will be building and bringing Fresher's Week to you this year! If you have any questions about the structure for Freshers Week, how it all works, what goes on etc. or anything else then ask away!

Note: I cannot release any information I have regarding acts etc until the Students Union post it. But I can tell you it's going to be good!

Cheers
beautyviews
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jubjamie)
Hi,

I am a current student and also part of the Backstage team that will be building and bringing Fresher's Week to you this year! If you have any questions about the structure for Freshers Week, how it all works, what goes on etc. or anything else then ask away!

Note: I cannot release any information I have regarding acts etc until the Students Union post it. But I can tell you it's going to be good!

Cheers
Do you have any idea about what the fancy dress themes will be?
Is buying wristband worth it?
jubjamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by beautyviews)
Do you have any idea about what the fancy dress themes will be?
Is buying wristband worth it?
The wristband is worth it if you plan to attend the main event each night which, trust me, you want to. I've just finished going over plans and it's all shaping up to be a great set of nights. While I can't reveal the night's themes just yet I suggest looking at previous years and also the theme of the fresher's week website for details.

You will get the official schedule in time to plan fancy dress don't worry!
Chazter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi
Is it worth buying the Essential pack? do you know what kind of stuff was in it last year?
jubjamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chazter)
Hi
Is it worth buying the Essential pack? do you know what kind of stuff was in it last year?
I could be wrong but i don't remember there being a pack last year. Nonetheless, I imagine that it will contain some basic thematic items. You might find it better to sort out fancy dress yourself but you would miss out on the fresher's week goodies.
beautyviews
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are icebreaker tickets worth it?
jubjamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by beautyviews)
Are icebreaker tickets worth it?
I would say no. The official fresher's events each night are not to miss! I would focus on attending the official events to get the best experience and be careful of non official events.

Another reason would be that all your flat mates are probably going to the on campus event and you'll want to be with them!
samsama
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would say no. The official fresher's events each night are not to miss! I would focus on attending the official events to get the best experience and be careful of non official events.

Another reason would be that all your flat mates are probably going to the on campus event and you'll want to be with them!
I think this year's icebreaker event is scheduled for after fresher's week so it doesn't coincide with the official events.
jubjamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by samsama)
I think this year's icebreaker event is scheduled for after fresher's week so it doesn't coincide with the official events.
In that case i don't know. You might find yourself a bit tired after FW but it's completely up to you. I have no knowledge/experience with the event so can't really help.
jubjamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheLegalDealer)
Any advice for people who are commuting to bath ? And not livibg at the uni accomodation ?
For Fresher's Week or in general?
TheLegalDealer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For Fresher's Week or in general?
Both
PinkPugs!
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What wristband would you recommend going for?
CheesePuffff
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not a huge party-goer but I would like to go to a few (but definitely won't be able to handle all) of the clubbing/party type events during freshers. Is it worth paying £60 for the wristband?

Posted from TSR Mobile
samsama
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CheesePuffff)
I'm not a huge party-goer but I would like to go to a few (but definitely won't be able to handle all) of the clubbing/party type events during freshers. Is it worth paying £60 for the wristband?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think anyone would be able to handle them all, however I think it's worth getting the wristband just so that you don't end up queueing for 3 hours waiting to get in every night.
CheesePuffff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think anyone would be able to handle them all, however I think it's worth getting the wristband just so that you don't end up queueing for 3 hours waiting to get in every night.
Okay thank you
Keale
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You'd be surprised, most people in my flat powered through them all! As for the wristband last year if you didn't have one you'd find it difficult to get in because of the limited capacity of the venue.

I would advise buying a wristband of you want to go to any of the main events in campus, they're def worth the money they give you free access to all or most of the daytime activities too.

Love from the other side of the bar xoxo
Tamaraaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Keale)
You'd be surprised, most people in my flat powered through them all! As for the wristband last year if you didn't have one you'd find it difficult to get in because of the limited capacity of the venue.

I would advise buying a wristband of you want to go to any of the main events in campus, they're def worth the money they give you free access to all or most of the daytime activities too.

Love from the other side of the bar xoxo
Hey
Im not sure how it was last year, do you think its worth spending £70 on the all inclusive wristbands or £30 or slightly more on the wristbands that get you into the same events?
emilyp97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello
For Marlborough/Solsbury, the only photos on the Bath website are of the rooms in Solsbury. Can anyone tell me whether the Marlborough ones are the same in terms of size/layout etc? Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 6 November 2019, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 1 April 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 1 Apr '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (99)
24.26%
No (309)
75.74%

Watched Threads