The Student Room Group

15 And Never Had a Girlfriend, am I screwed already?

I'm 15 (almost 16) and have never been on a date, been kissed, had a girlfriend etc.
I'm pretty happy with most other aspects of my life, but this simple thing is making me constantly depressed and making me feel worthless.
I'm not completely shy around girls, I think I'm pretty sociable around some of my other female friends (All of which have boyfriends, btw), but I just haven't put the effort or mustered the courage to actually ask a girl out.
Almost everyone I know has had at least 1 girlfriend before, and I find that all I can do is compare myself to them.

And what this all amounts to is that I'm constantly anxious and worrying if I'll ever get a girlfriend. At this point I feel like I'll never be able to change the way things are. Hell, if every other guy has more experience then me, then what the hell am I supposed to do?

So, whats the deal? Have I screwed it up already, or am I just being pessimistic?

Scroll to see replies

This is absolutely normal, worry when you become 25 and are still like this

Oh, and be glad you're not in and out of relationships at this age, those who do will be worse off in the future than those who have never had a relationship
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm turnng 18 and never been in a relationship. Still a happy man + free agent.

P.s. I'm straight.
(edited 8 years ago)
Getting girls in high school is easy, ask for their number/whatapp/ facebook talk to them for a while like a month, get close to them do activities with them, hang out with them, ask her ''do you want to go out'' and she'll probably say yes. At least that what I experienced :smile:
Reply 4
You're totally normal, I think I'm quite attractive and I had my first kiss at 16. So many people are in the same position as you and are older so don't be down about it. Your time will come 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are worrying for nothing. My first came when I was 20. Someone will come along when the time is right. :smile:
I can't understand why so many people are so concerned about not having a girlfriend by 16. Hardly anybody in my school had boyfriends and nobody made a fuss about it, because we all acknowledged that we could go husband hunting in university. :smile:
Haha, I'm in the same position as you, so don't fret. I'm in an all boys school though, so I see girls not so often, but I still talk to them, have female friends, etc. It'll come. Eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
not at all dude

keep positive

keep meeting people at any oppourtunity you can, create them for yourself as well by meeting kids at other schools if you dont like th eones at yours / join some other things outside of school

be confident in yourself, dont worry about girls too much

in my experience with women when you worry less **** flows and you attract them

gotta get urself out there in situations where you meet girls, whereever that is.
Nothing is wrong with this in the slightest, you're still so young there's no rush to jump into a relationship or find someone just to compare to everyone else at this age

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's pretty average, really.
Reply 11
I appreciate everyone saying 'It's alright' and 'It'll happen eventually', but I feel like if I just wait around for it to happen then time's just gonna slip by like it always has, and 16 is gonna become 60.

Honestly, my obsession over comparing my myself to everyone else in this aspect has become extremely unhealthy to the point of depression. I feel certain that I'm part of the 1% that dies a goddamn virgin.
Original post by CroceaMors
I appreciate everyone saying 'It's alright' and 'It'll happen eventually', but I feel like if I just wait around for it to happen then time's just gonna slip by like it always has, and 16 is gonna become 60.

Honestly, my obsession over comparing my myself to everyone else in this aspect has become extremely unhealthy to the point of depression. I feel certain that I'm part of the 1% that dies a goddamn virgin.

The more you think of it, worse it gets. You are 16 and you have lot of life in front of you. Stop thinking about a girlfriend and start following your passions in life. Someone who is worried too much about having a relationship can be a massive turn off. You will know when that person comes along and if you really want it, you will go and ask her out.
(edited 8 years ago)
No, it's totally normal.
I'm 17, 18 in just over a week, and I've only just recently come out of my first relationship. It only lasted 3 months, but I gave him everything and I'm kind of alright with having waited for so long for someone I matched with. I'm still quite sad about the whole thing.
Don't worry about it. I used to be exactly like you, and I realise it's pretty pointless me saying it because it won't make you feel any better, but it will happen at some point. Honestly, I think it's one of those things you kind of understand with hindsight much more easily.
I'm 16, almost 17 and in the same position :colonhash: it's really not that deep, just be patient :h: there's more to life than being in a relationship
Faith in humanity decreasing
I was wondering when this thread would come up again.
I had my first boyfriend at 17 xD there's nothing wrong with not dating at that age....when I was 15 I didn't care about that xD
Jesus OP calm down. I'm 18, no gf, and guess what, I don't care for the most part. You've got to learn to be ok with being single before you can have a successful relationship.

Chill out, have a play with your knob and don't think to hard about all this crap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I worry for young people today if this is a pressing concern at age FIFTEEN.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending