The Student Room Group

Moving departments at Tesco

Ive been working at Tesco in the DotCom department for a few months now and im still finding it very difficult to deal with the early mornings and carrying out the job on such little sleep, even though ive tried going to bed earlier i cant seem to get to sleep until late anyway, im also at college and work both the saturday and sunday to i dont manage go get a rest at all, so i wanted to move departments but i have absolutely no idea how to even start that process, can anyone help?!
Hi I'm also working at Tesco before uni but not on DotCom thankfully.
I totally understand about the Dotcom thing. Believe me I know lots of people who moved out of DotCom to another section because they couldn't cope with the human abuse they were subjected to by having to wake up at 4am to get to work and then be strictly timed to meet targets.
Unfortunately they had to wait 6 months in order to transfer and even that was dependent on any vacancies available in other parts of the store.

It is very difficult to obtain work nowadays but Tesco go over the top with DotCom.
I would definitely have a word with your manager if not a more senior manager (most of them are lovely), just let them know your situation and they'll keep you in mind.

Also nothing wrong with applying for other jobs aswell.

Hope I helped. PM me if you wanna talk more :smile:
I'm in the exact same situation what can I do to push a move Ive been working there for about 4 months and tbh don't think I can't do it for another two mor anyone know who I can speak to about it or anything?
Hi! I've got a induction coming up being in the f+f department. I applied for a role with 15 hrs p/w but they have only offered me 8 so I was wondering if I get till training or if I am able to do some extra shifts/overtime on checkouts or another department if my own have no extra hours?

Quick Reply

Latest