The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yasas99
Congratulations! Did the letter arrive at your home address?:smile:

Original post by pictogram
Congrats!! May your interview go well in that case. Still haven't gotten anything but I'm overseas so it might arrive a little later? Good job, was it an email?

Thank you :smile: ! Yeah, it was a letter that arrived at my house.

I'm sure you'll get it soon, don't worry!
Original post by pictogram
Hi I didn't get it, but I guess it's alright. I have an interview for St Paul's boys on Saturday, so will be preparing for that in the meantime! Good luck, my sister got an interview for Westminster too!

I'm sorry, but I'm sure you'll do great at St. Paul's, and it's a great school too :smile:

Do you have a twin sister? Tell her congrats!
Good luck to pictogram for the St. Paul's interview and congrats your sis for the interview. My father received the email for my interview. I am also at a boarding school in UK. The letter is dated Nov. 17th, 2014.
Original post by yasas99
Good luck to pictogram for the St. Paul's interview and congrats your sis for the interview. My father received the email for my interview. I am also at a boarding school in UK. The letter is dated Nov. 17th, 2014.

Did you get an interview?

So I guess they made sure everyone found out on the same day.
Nothing so far, my home address is in London maybe that's why?

Hopefully it will arrive no later than tomorrow even if it's rejection.
But I guess it's okay (*cries for eternity*) since I'll probably go to Godolphin D':
Original post by MeiMei15401
I got an interview!!!!

Congrats and best of luck!
Yes. I got the interview on the 29th. Thank you!
Original post by Jasinfinities
Congrats and best of luck!

Thank you! I hope you get an interview too :smile:

Original post by yasas99
Yes. I got the interview on the 29th. Thank you!

Yay! Congrats :smile:
Yay, I got an interview!

I'll update the list when I get home :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midori222
Yay, I got an interview!

I'll update the list when I get home :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!
Got an interview on 29th.
Omg everyones getting interviews!! Argh not at home yet I am really scared. Whats meant to be is meant to be.
I got invited for interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MeiMei15401
I got an interview!!!!

Well done!
Me too :smile: should i wear a suit to the interview?
I've got an interview ☺️ I hadn't thought I get one I haven't planned for it at all-how formally do we have to dress? Do you know what kind of things they ask us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Currer Bell
Well done!
Me too :smile: should i wear a suit to the interview?

Congrats!

I went with my sister to her interview last year, but I don't remember very many people in suits. Although it's definitely ok, I think they just expect smart casual (though in my opinion it's better to be overdressed than looking like you've just come from McDondald's)
Original post by Mahony98
I've got an interview ☺️ I hadn't thought I get one I haven't planned for it at all-how formally do we have to dress? Do you know what kind of things they ask us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!

I'm going in smart casual - so maybe some black trousers and a nice top or something?

Depends - what interviews/subjects are you doing?
Original post by Mahony98

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know for maths they'll go through your wrong questions and give you some new ones on the spot, and they'll want to know your train of thought to get to the answer.

I'm a boy and i'm gonna wear a suit
Original post by Currer Bell
I know for maths they'll go through your wrong questions and give you some new ones on the spot, and they'll want to know your train of thought to get to the answer.

I'm a boy and i'm gonna wear a suit

I don't know that they necessarily do that - my sister only got given some questions (she did FM).

I think the thing is, 15 mins is actually so short, there's not much they can squeeze in.
I didn't get in :frown: But well done and congrats to everyone who did, hope your interviews go well, keep us informed aha. Just guess i am not westminster material, or oxbridge lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending