polarbear123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Okay so I didnt get into either my firm or insurance and after two days in clearing I am still stuck. I need to retake chemistry which I need to get from a D to a B then I would have BBB and preferably get either bio or geog up to an A. I failed A2 chemistry and did worse in all my as retakes I just had far too many exams and couldnt cope. So I need to go from a U to an A in both A2 units how am I going to do this with no help?? I am so desperate to go to uni and get this grade up so am willing to work hard thanks
.S.K.T.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there!

I think it'd be worth sitting down and organising all your notes from your school/college this year. Also, consider the option of a college where you could repeat your A-levels? I would also go and speak with your teachers and get any notes you are lacking and get past papers from your school if you can. Your school may be able to support you, so it is worth asking them.
I am sorry this year did not go according to plan. However, you can absolutely turn it around with a new study strategy and new motivation.I think it'd also be worth while considering what went wrong this year and if it was just simply down to "too many exams."

Hope it works out for you.
NineTailedFox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by polarbear123)
Okay so I didnt get into either my firm or insurance and after two days in clearing I am still stuck. I need to retake chemistry which I need to get from a D to a B then I would have BBB and preferably get either bio or geog up to an A. I failed A2 chemistry and did worse in all my as retakes I just had far too many exams and couldnt cope. So I need to go from a U to an A in both A2 units how am I going to do this with no help?? I am so desperate to go to uni and get this grade up so am willing to work hard thanks
Because of how much you seem to be struggling in chemistry, the only thing I can think of is asking your college if you can stay and have lessons for AS + A2 Chemistry, A2 Geography and A2 Biology, and retake all your Chemistry exams and your A2 Bio and Geography exams. That way you will get the assistance from teachers which I feel you need and can boost your biology and geography grades to A grades/
polarbear123
Rep:
?
(Original post by .S.K.T.)
Hi there!

I think it'd be worth sitting down and organising all your notes from your school/college this year. Also, consider the option of a college where you could repeat your A-levels? I would also go and speak with your teachers and get any notes you are lacking and get past papers from your school if you can. Your school may be able to support you, so it is worth asking them.
I am sorry this year did not go according to plan. However, you can absolutely turn it around with a new study strategy and new motivation.I think it'd also be worth while considering what went wrong this year and if it was just simply down to "too many exams."

Hope it works out for you.

Thank you! I am going in to speak to my teachers and head of sixth next week. I am going to need extra help but my school is fee paying so dont know how it will work may have to look at local colleges. Fingers crossed!
polarbear123
Rep:
?
(Original post by NineTailedFox)
Because of how much you seem to be struggling in chemistry, the only thing I can think of is asking your college if you can stay and have lessons for AS + A2 Chemistry, A2 Geography and A2 Biology, and retake all your Chemistry exams and your A2 Bio and Geography exams. That way you will get the assistance from teachers which I feel you need and can boost your biology and geography grades to A grades/
I completely agree I definitely need some extra help thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (41)
14.44%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (92)
32.39%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (36)
12.68%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (23)
8.1%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.99%
I think it's an unfair expectation (72)
25.35%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.06%

Watched Threads