The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Anyone got into Kings with an Access qualification?

Just wondering, I'm applying for next year!
Starting the access course this year.
My course's entry requirements do accept the access course but I need 30 distinctions out of 45.

Just wondering for those who did, what access course did you study, and what degree had you applied for?

Thanks! :smile:
i did access to science and achieved 36 distinction and 9 merit. I got into Chemistry BSc
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I did Access to Medicine and am starting Medicine at Kings this September, having achieved 45/45 distinctions. I found King's to be very understanding and accepting of my non-traditional route of entry. Just make sure that your application is "well-rounded" was the advice I was given.

Good luck!

Kit
Thanks for the info guys :smile:

I do have a lot of relevant work experience to my course so I hope that will have some influence, but definitely going to give the access 100% of course!

Good luck with your uni course(s) :smile:
Reply 4
I did the access to humanities and social science at kensington & chelsea college, achieved 45 distinctions, which exceeded SOAS requirements, applied to King's college through adjustment. Got in!

Be prepared to work hard though, it's the equivalent of 2 A levels crammed into one year, you will be given 4-5 assignments to complete, all due at the same time, all roughly 1500-2000 words, and if you were working 30 hours a week like me, you will also have next to no social life. It's very time consuming to achieve merits and distinctions.

Good luck!
Hey thank you :smile:

Sounds like you did pretty good considering you were working 30 hours too! Well done :-)

I'll only be working 12 hours so I should have plenty of time for studying! Contact hours at college is 20 hours a week though.

Start in 2 weeks, very excited :smile:

And I'm optimistic about applying to Kings!
Reply 6
Keep it up miss determined!! Oh btw, Its 4-5 assignments per term.. Gosh I wish it was 4-5 for the whole year. 😝

All the best!
Bring it on! Haha. I'm super motivated and excited, give it a few months, It'll be like 'Do I HAVE to write another essay?!!'
Original post by MissDetermined
Thanks for the info guys :smile:

I do have a lot of relevant work experience to my course so I hope that will have some influence, but definitely going to give the access 100% of course!

Good luck with your uni course(s) :smile:

practise what you preach. don't just pay lip service. good luck :u:
Reply 9
Original post by KitKitsune
I did Access to Medicine and am starting Medicine at Kings this September, having achieved 45/45 distinctions. I found King's to be very understanding and accepting of my non-traditional route of entry. Just make sure that your application is "well-rounded" was the advice I was given.

Good luck!

Kit

I am starting Access to Medicine in a couple of weeks and King's is my dream choice. Any hints/tips would be very gratefully received!

Quick Reply

Latest