Rod00
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I got a C in my French AS level and was hoping to get a B. I do AQA and am 15 UMS of a B overall, but in the speaking exam I am 2 UMS off an A (I got a B) and in the paper I am 5 UMS of a C (I got a D). Is it worth getting remarked in the hope I could just scrape a B overall or shall I retake the exam next year?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
SCAR H
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not sure if srs

Be happy with the low C unless itll get remarked and become a high D
Ani_2303
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I'm remarking my French AS for AQA too. My teacher told me that orals can't be remarked? but she may be wrong on that. I was 2 UMS away from an A on my oral so was a bit annoyed I couldn't remark it but I'm getting my unit 1 remarked because I'm 4UMS away in total.

I personally think 15 UMS is quite a lot to get from a remark so not sure you should get a remark to change your overall grade, you should keep in mind there's the chance that the mark will go down and you could end up with a high D which would be a lot worse.

But then again it's all up to you and if you think that you should've got more for those exams and want a remark to change the module grade, then go for it.
bossun
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would say do Remark and if it doesn't change, retake it next year. You will get much better. I had a B last year 3 UMS off an A but they remarked me with no change. I retook it this year and got my A.
Emmacrowntree
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ani_2303)
Hi, I'm remarking my French AS for AQA too. My teacher told me that orals can't be remarked? but she may be wrong on that. I was 2 UMS away from an A on my oral so was a bit annoyed I couldn't remark it but I'm getting my unit 1 remarked because I'm 4UMS away in total.

I personally think 15 UMS is quite a lot to get from a remark so not sure you should get a remark to change your overall grade, you should keep in mind there's the chance that the mark will go down and you could end up with a high D which would be a lot worse.

But then again it's all up to you and if you think that you should've got more for those exams and want a remark to change the module grade, then go for it.
Did yours go up? i was 1 mark off the A last year, I was so hopeful but I missed it
Emmacrowntree
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
--
Ani_2303
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Emmacrowntree)
Did yours go up? i was 1 mark off the A last year, I was so hopeful but I missed it
Nope I was gutted that my mark didn't change at all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (279)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (214)
43.41%

Watched Threads