ana_ducu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, guys and girls! I am applying for a biomedical science degree for 2016 entry. Can you give me some tips on what to read in order to prepare for future interviews * if I will get any, but it doesn't hurt hoping, no*, tips on what to do to prepare for BMAT and also what to do regarding A-levels and European Baccalaureate( I am from Romania and at one of the universities asks for both an A-level in Chem and Bio).
Thank you in advance for your time
Scienceyes
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hi I'm sorry but I wanted to ask you something
Scienceyes
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
as I am wanting to study Biomedical science in the future choosing courses like maths,chemistry,biology,german and critical thinking for A-levels, is that a wise choice?
Scienceyes
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
would I be expected to get high grades
ana_ducu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I believe so. Mostly, for a biomedical science degree it is a searched an A-Level in chem or biology ( at some maybe even both) and Mathematics. That's all I know from my uni research
Omz97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Scienceyes)
as I am wanting to study Biomedical science in the future choosing courses like maths,chemistry,biology,german and critical thinking for A-levels, is that a wise choice?
Drop Critical Thinking, most Universities do not consider it as an A2 subject so that would mean you have to carry Chem, Bio and German into A2. Most students will offer 3 A2 subjects and 1 AS. SO i recommend choose an AS subject instead of Critical Thinking and drop it after the first year. and then if you get at least ABB in lets say German, Bio and Chem then i guarantee you will get into a russell group Uni.

BUt that doesnt mean you can't get in with critical thinking and just 3 A2's, just makes it easier if you have a recognised AS subject instead of Critical Thinking.

Goodluck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (196)
59.94%
No (72)
22.02%
Not sure (59)
18.04%

Watched Threads