The Student Room Group

Should I apply for Geography

I got BBCC in AS level, a C in geography (B and a C in each exam), I am going to resit the exam which I got a C in, to hopefully achieve an A. I was hoping to study Geography at Manchester which requires AAB, with hard work next year I believe I can achieve this, including an A in Geography. However is it likely I'll be offered a conditional offer with a C at AS level in Geography?
Original post by Caitlingorman97
I got BBCC in AS level, a C in geography (B and a C in each exam), I am going to resit the exam which I got a C in, to hopefully achieve an A. I was hoping to study Geography at Manchester which requires AAB, with hard work next year I believe I can achieve this, including an A in Geography. However is it likely I'll be offered a conditional offer with a C at AS level in Geography?

Speak to your teachers about what they're happy to predict you grades-wise. If your geography teacher is happy to predict you an A then you may be able to persuade Manchester to give you an offer with a cracking personal statement. But as you got a C this year your teacher may not be willing to predict you an A, and if you don't get a predicted A Manchester may not give you an offer.
Original post by Caitlingorman97

I recommend speaking to your teachers and ask for a prediction of an A/B if you truly believe you can get an A next year. It's definitely doable to achieve an A still but you'll need to convince your teachers so you can apply for places like Manchester. Good luck! Btw, did you do AQA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
I recommend speaking to your teachers and ask for a prediction of an A/B if you truly believe you can get an A next year. It's definitely doable to achieve an A still but you'll need to convince your teachers so you can apply for places like Manchester. Good luck! Btw, did you do AQA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! And no I did Edexcel!

Quick Reply

Latest