The Student Room Group

Stressed and Depressed

Hi Guys

As you may know results day for As/A2 has finished amazingly for most . But it was disaster for me as I got a BEU in my 3 subjects in As which has made me feel very depressed atm. I am currently 17 years of age and have just finished my first year in college. These results mean I cannot do A2 as the results cannot be improved much in the second year. My question is what is the best option to take in my situation?
Original post by DevrajSingh
Hi Guys

As you may know results day for As/A2 has finished amazingly for most . But it was disaster for me as I got a BEU in my 3 subjects in As which has made me feel very depressed atm. I am currently 17 years of age and have just finished my first year in college. These results mean I cannot do A2 as the results cannot be improved much in the second year. My question is what is the best option to take in my situation?

The majority of people on TSR have done similarly to you it seems so a lot of people are in your position. Are you not allowed to even carry the B on at your current college? If I were in your position, I'd carry on with the B and the E (what subjects did you study?) drop the U and pick up another AS. Resit the modules for the E - start looking at other colleges or sixth forms in your area if you can't go back to the college. You can turn this around mate, just work hard. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Sacred Ground
The majority of people on TSR have done similarly to you it seems so a lot of people are in your position. Are you not allowed to even carry the B on at your current college? If I were in your position, I'd carry on with the B and the E (what subjects did you study?) drop the U and pick up another AS. Resit the modules for the E - start looking at other colleges or sixth forms in your area if you can't go back to the college. You can turn this around mate, just work hard. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a prime example of one of the TSR people failing ahhaha
You're only 17- you have your whole life to turn things around:smile: What do you want to do with the rest of your life? Find something that makes you tick, resit your AS levels (either privately if that's possible or speak to your college) and smash A2. I promise you its not over- you can succeed if you really want to.
Don't worry! When I was in my AS Level, I got a DU in my subjects, with another U in General Studies, and I was halfway through a two-year BTEC Certificate.

The second year, I was told I'd have to resit General Studies (which I never did anyway), carried on my D and dropped the U. However, I wasn't allowed to choose an AS Level, nor was I allowed a third year at the sixth-form (apparently I had enough UCAS points for uni, which I didn't).

In the end, I went to another college for another BTEC, which I passed.

So I suggest carrying on with your B subject, and either retaking the E and U or choosing new AS subjects.
Original post by DevrajSingh
Hi Guys

Don't give up on yourself, Those Grades can deffo be improved! For the subject u got an E in u can either re-take the module where u got the lower grade as it marked u down, and if you get an A or A* it will bump you're grade up, or u can choose to retake both modules which would be hard work, u're second home will literally be the Library. For the subject u got a U in u can either drop the subject or retake the module that dragged ur grade down, or just retake both modules but ur have to work ur but off in A2 cause you will then have a lot of Exams. Or u could stay another year if u'd like. I think you should discuss it with ur Tutor. Hope that helps :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Cheers for the great feedback guys . I really appreciate it . I think because I'm really young I'm going to do 3 different courses in a different college and work my arse off to achieve the grades I need !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest