The Student Room Group

What do I NEED for Sixth Form?

I have a lever arch for each subject & a small ring binder for each subject, with a notebook. what else do I need? I'm taking History, Economics, Psychology & Photography, what sort of things do i need?
I don't want to buy things like colouring pencils if I don't need them, likewise I don't want to not buy something and need it as we don't have any stationery stores in my town and they're all a drive away, and I don't drive. So what sort of things will I need that I wouldn't think to buy?
Original post by JessThomas6
I have a lever arch for each subject & a small ring binder for each subject, with a notebook. what else do I need? I'm taking History, Economics, Psychology & Photography, what sort of things do i need?
I don't want to buy things like colouring pencils if I don't need them, likewise I don't want to not buy something and need it as we don't have any stationery stores in my town and they're all a drive away, and I don't drive. So what sort of things will I need that I wouldn't think to buy?

Some supermarkets like ASDA and Tesco do back to school things so it's worth having a look in there, they literally have everything you'll need in there like memory sticks, stationery etc! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Highlighter and memory stick, that's it, really don't need anything that specific
Original post by thevamps99xo
Some supermarkets like ASDA and Tesco do back to school things so it's worth having a look in there, they literally have everything you'll need in there like memory sticks, stationery etc! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'll have a look, we're really limited though D: Barely anything, but hey ho
Original post by Hevachan
Highlighter and memory stick, that's it, really don't need anything that specific

Tbh I'd argue that memory sticks aren't too needed with Google Drive and other online fileshares. I lost my faith in memory sticks years ago :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by get_in_the_robot
Tbh I'd argue that memory sticks aren't too needed with Google Drive and other online fileshares. I lost my faith in memory sticks years ago :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true.. just email is enough really! :smile:
Original post by JessThomas6
Yeah I'll have a look, we're really limited though D: Barely anything, but hey ho

Lots of students fid those foolscap plastic zip up wallets useful - you can put a pad of paper and a textbook in. Get one for each subject and then you don't forget anything and it's easy to pack :smile:
Original post by Muttley79
Lots of students fid those foolscap plastic zip up wallets useful - you can put a pad of paper and a textbook in. Get one for each subject and then you don't forget anything and it's easy to pack :smile:

I might try that myself because then it's not too much fretting?! Thanks for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dont know what your school provides but I used:
file pads
coloured pens for notes
highlighters
homework diary
calculator
and a lot of vodka
For Economics: You'll definitely need a calculator, I did economics this year and used a calculator in the exam.
For Photography: Get a USB stick, it makes printing out work so much easier!
Original post by polarbear123
Dont know what your school provides but I used:
file pads
coloured pens for notes
highlighters
homework diary
calculator
and a lot of vodka

Our school only gives textbooks, and apparently not even that is a given
I've heard that a lot haha

Quick Reply

Latest