The Student Room Group

Craziest, strangest and most laughable things you've been told when buying a car.

Lets hear the craziest, strangest and most laughable things you've been told or seen when viewing a car!

Viewing a Passat:
Test drove a car to notice airbag light coming on. "Oh, it's turned on to tell you you're safe in the event of a crash" Er... what?

Viewing an A4:
Me: "Can I see the service history?"
Seller: "Sure, I've printed it all off"
*I flick thru*
Me: "Cheers, but that's just MOT history from the .gov website, you have anything with the servicing stamps or invoices on it?"
Seller: "That IS the service history".
Together with seeing a branch of snap on in the back of the car for sale told you that was BS. haha.

Viewing a 5 Series:
Dealer: "It's had the timing belt done in our garage last week"
Me: "Oh right, did they fill up the headlight fluid as well?"
That the service history was accidentally washed in the washing machine and that's why they didn't have it.
Reply 2
Saw a tractor advertised recently as "only ever driven gently" which is usually a cue to move on to the next advert.
Reply 3
Not that bad in the grand scheme of things, but I was told the car I was looking at had recently been serviced. When I asked about the service history the salesman brought out a small book of service stamps, the last one being 40,000 miles ago.
Reply 4
Original post by Minardi
Saw a tractor advertised recently as "only ever driven gently" which is usually a cue to move on to the next advert.

"Never raced or rallied"
Went to look for a first car, and checked out a peagout 207. Turns out the photo on advert was from Google images, and the actual 207 had its bumper bent and popping out.

After saying we were leaving the salesmen said.

"Wait a minute, wait, this time I won't mess you around. I do have some decent cars"
😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending