Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Official AS Geography Exam thread! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that a lot of people on here have their AS geography exam tomorrow so I though I would start a thread where we could offer help and encouragement to each other!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I've noticed that a lot of people on here have their AS geography exam tomorrow so I though I would start a thread where we could offer help and encouragement to each other!
    yep geog exam tommorow - still learning some case studies atm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Good idea, and also discuss the exam afterwards, even though alot of people are doing different syllabuses and topics. I'm doing rivers/coasts edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    yep geog exam tommorow - still learning some case studies atm!
    I was trying to learn human stuff yesterday but I was finding it really difficult because we haven't been taught half the stuff. I've gotten up early today because I need to learn the whole of the physical stuff! What exam board are u doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I was trying to learn human stuff yesterday but I was finding it really difficult because we haven't been taught half the stuff. I've gotten up early today because I need to learn the whole of the physical stuff! What exam board are u doing?
    ocr

ReputationRep:
    ocr
    I'm doing Edexcel. You feel confident about the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I'm doing OCR. You feel confident about the exam?
    yea i guess - what case studies do u need to know?

Physical

drainage basin (yangtze), sanddunes, temperate deciduous forest, volcano earthquake

Human

mexico city (about environmental problems..etc), St Johns Chapel (rural decline), population policies

what other ones do we need? :rolleyes: ta

ReputationRep:

Physical

drainage basin (yangtze), sanddunes, temperate deciduous forest, volcano earthquake

Human

mexico city (about environmental problems..etc), St Johns Chapel (rural decline), population policies

I have millions that I need to know, especially for human. The thing is, I don't actually know what most of them are because out teacher was away for ages so we haven't been taught half of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I have millions that I need to know, especially for human. The thing is, I don't actually know what most of them are because out teacher was away for ages so we haven't been taught half of it
    there are only a few you only need to know accordin to the spec :eek:

ReputationRep:
    there are only a few you only need to know accordin to the spec :eek:
    Sorry, I'm not doing OCR, I'm doing Edexcel. I don't know why I wrote that. All this geography is messing with my brain!

ReputationRep:

Physical

Human

china's one child policy.... and japans ageing population structure and reasons for it...thats 2 more :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chud)
    china's one child policy.... and japans ageing population structure and reasons for it...thats 2 more :P
    u doin ocr?

ReputationRep:
    I've got WJEC exam tomorrow....just going over stuff today i guess, and trying to learn more about ecosystems cus i hate that and our teacher was ****....so if anyones got any tips on ecosystems i wouldn't mind them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -xsarahx-)
    I've got WJEC exam tomorrow....just going over stuff today i guess, and trying to learn more about ecosystems cus i hate that and our teacher was ****....so if anyones got any tips on ecosystems i wouln't mind them!
    what do you need to know about ecosystems? nutrient cycle? or psamossere succesion..etc?

ReputationRep:
    nutrient cycle? or psamossere succesion..etc?
    I think i'm OK on the nutrient cycle (think....thats just the little, soil and biomass right?) I'm not to good on psamossere succesion and even worse on the plagioclimax thingy...also, i'm not good at Podsol soils and microclimate!

ReputationRep:
    I think i'm OK on the nutrient cycle (think....thats just the little, soil and biomass right?) I'm not to good on psamossere succesion and even worse on the plagioclimax thingy...also, i'm not good at Podsol soils and microclimate!
    what board are you doing? if you are doing ocr you dont need to know anythig about podsol soils

ReputationRep:
    what board are you doing? if you are doing ocr you dont need to know anythig about podsol soils
    No, i'm doing WJEC!! Ooo i'm spending too much time on here i gtg and revise!!

ReputationRep:
    No, i'm doing WJEC!! Ooo i'm spending too much time on here i gtg and revise!!
    oh soz didnt see your previous post! gd luck revising!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing OCR and seem to be learning the same case studies as u i.e St johns chapel, mexico city, braunton burrows and so on. Doe we need to know a volcano case study coz its not on our syllabus. And u do know that the syllabus has been cut down and so that text book has too much in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meawinner)
    I'm doing OCR and seem to be learning the same case studies as u i.e St johns chapel, mexico city, braunton burrows and so on. Doe we need to know a volcano case study coz its not on our syllabus. And u do know that the syllabus has been cut down and so that text book has too much in it.
    it says 'appropriate examples should be selected at global, regional, and local scale' for the lithosphere section, but i doubt itll come up...

you know for the human - are you learning the population structure of england? i believe you have the ocr as book - pg140 - ther is a massive bit :eek:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.