Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Official AS Geography Exam thread! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meawinner)
    Yeah my m8 was just asking me that on the phone lol. yeah its in the afternoon. But the bad thing abt that is that I have bio the next mornign(i.e. not much time to revise for it lol)
    Thats my problem too! That leaves 17 hours - except i'll be sleeping in many of those. Grrr

ReputationRep:
    But have u not seen an investigation paper b4 they ask u questions like this
    "The collection of data is one stage in geographical enquiry. Describe and explain the collection of data stage in your Geographical Investigation."

For the limestone and granite i did the ones in the book the china and the mount buffalo.

ReputationRep:
    But have u not seen an investigation paper b4 they ask u questions like this
    "The collection of data is one stage in geographical enquiry. Describe and explain the collection of data stage in your Geographical Investigation."

For the limestone and granite i did the ones in the book the china and the mount buffalo.
    yea i thought thats a tough one - but ive hardly written anything in the collection of data because for my coursework, collection of data are just graphs and things - but yea i think its useful to look back at your project to see why you have done those graphs..etc but you dont even have to write about those graphs - you can make some new ones up that is unrelated to your investigation

ReputationRep:
    you have msn/aol meawinner?

ReputationRep:
    this is puzzling me.

What are the physical features of the channel and floodplan?

ReputationRep:
    Ooo 6 days without UKL, I was going mad! I've learnt 69 :eek: case studies for tomorrows exam! Nightmare! Good luck to everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Ooo 6 days without UKL, I was going mad! I've learnt 69 :eek: case studies for tomorrows exam! Nightmare! Good luck to everyone
    heyyyy|! 69 casestudies! wow. yea good luck

ReputationRep:
    69? ur joking rite i only learn around 12

ReputationRep:
    69? ur joking rite i only learn around 12
    shes doing a different board where do you find 12 from - ive learned about eight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    heyyyy|! 69 casestudies! wow. yea good luck
    I can't believ my willpower stood it. I've actually been revising! Well, most days anyway! Geog and Bio in the next 2 days though I'm sure it'll all be ok. And yep, 69, that's how many our teacher gave us over the year. Now, now matter what question comes up, I'll have a case study for it

ReputationRep:
    shes doing a different board where do you find 12 from - ive learned about eight!
    Oh its prob 8 then coz i didnt keep track just i learnt two for urban MEDC as one doesnt fit all the questions but they are 2 short case studies. Also i learnt one for einternational migration.

Also ellie if u read ur syllabus then it would say the case studies u need to know and they would b around 10ish. Coz they wouldnt expect u to learn that much but now u have i hope u get an A.

ReputationRep:
    Oh its prob 8 then coz i didnt keep track just i learnt two for urban MEDC as one doesnt fit all the questions but they are 2 short case studies. Also i learnt one for einternational migration.

Also ellie if u read ur syllabus then it would say the case studies u need to know and they would b around 10ish. Coz they wouldnt expect u to learn that much but now u have i hope u get an A.
    Our syllabus lists about 40 actually, well not so much list as say 'one example of this for an MEDC, one for an LEDC next to every single bullet point. Not all of the case studies I've learnt are massive, some are just passing references to things for the shorter q's, and mor ein depth one for the longer ones. Anyway, now I've taken the time to actually revise this year, I hope I get an A too!

ReputationRep:

are you doing e.g. turkey for international migration? there isnt one in the book :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the ocean trench on the west South American coast?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    i know the Marianas tTrench whic his the deepest ocean trench

ReputationRep:
    are you doing e.g. turkey for international migration? there isnt one in the book :eek:
    how do u know i'm doing turkey for international migration lol or did i say that b4? I got it from the waugh book. Its coz on one of the past papers it said abt international migration and there isnt much in the Uk or China case study abt international migration, more abt internal migration.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    The Marianas is off the coast of the Phillipines, the one off the west coast of S America is the Peru-Chile trench (subduction zone) 8050m

ReputationRep:
    for the ocr geoggers - what do we need to know for depression and anti-cyclone? can someone type out the main points i need to know for them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    The Marianas is off the coast of the Phillipines, the one off the west coast of S America is the Peru-Chile trench (subduction zone) 8050m
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What is everyone using for their volcano and earthquake case studies? I don't know any in much detail

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.