The Student Room Group

A2 remark

Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get an A2 paper re-marked. I got a C overall in my AQA English Lit but all year I have never got below a B (mostly As/A*s) in all of my work and I got an A in the coursework this year but an E in the exam. I have had my homework marked by like 4 different teachers and they all give me similar grades (A*- high B) so I am a bit surprised by the E, I wouldn't be as concerned but if I had a B overall I would be eligible for my University's scholarship so it would make quite a difference! thank you!
Original post by Rebecca_F
Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get an A2 paper re-marked. I got a C overall in my AQA English Lit but all year I have never got below a B (mostly As/A*s) in all of my work and I got an A in the coursework this year but an E in the exam. I have had my homework marked by like 4 different teachers and they all give me similar grades (A*- high B) so I am a bit surprised by the E, I wouldn't be as concerned but if I had a B overall I would be eligible for my University's scholarship so it would make quite a difference! thank you!

You'll need to speak to your examinations officer to request a remark. :smile:

Yes, speak to the Exams office, as mentioned below, but also ask your teacher how close you are to the next grade boundary - obviously, if you're very close, there's a better chance of going up a grade. Is the school not providing guidance?
Ive got my AS results and I was shocked at my Geography grade. I got a U (2 marks of an 'E') but I expected to get a C also in my mocks I received a 'B' now I have requested a copy of my paper which I will go over with my teacher and see if I can remark and gain a couple of marks
Reply 4
thank you everyone! I got into uni so my school are a bit like 'well you're in so it doesn't really matter' and were only helping the people that needed to go through clearing etc. do you think that if I go into school and speak to the exams officer when they start back the beginning of September it will be too late?
thank you everyone! I got into uni so my school are a bit like 'well you're in so it doesn't really matter' and were only helping the people that needed to go through clearing etc. do you think that if I go into school and speak to the exams officer when they start back the beginning of September it will be too late?

This depends on what you want to do. There are different closing dates, as follows.

Priority Remark: 19th Aug
Remark: 11th Sept
Priority photocopy: 19th Aug
Ask to have original exam paper returned to you for info only (no Remark possible if you do this): 25th Sept

Your teacher should discuss this with you, to clarify what you want to do. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest