The Student Room Group

Could I get Into Bristol?

Hi I was just wondering if I would be able to get into Bristol to study geography as its my dream! But I'm not sure my grades are good enough I got 3A* 5A 3B and 1C at GCSE and AABB at AS although I'm resitting English to try and get an A I expect my predicted grades will be A*AB but my school is elligable for a contextual offer of AAB but would they be more likely to give an offer to someone how can meet the standard offer of A*AA?
Reply 1
You're murdaaaSmart
Original post by Rebeccalc988
Hi I was just wondering if I would be able to get into Bristol to study geography as its my dream! But I'm not sure my grades are good enough I got 3A* 5A 3B and 1C at GCSE and AABB at AS although I'm resitting English to try and get an A I expect my predicted grades will be A*AB but my school is elligable for a contextual offer of AAB but would they be more likely to give an offer to someone how can meet the standard offer of A*AA?

Why do you think your predicted grades will be A*AB? I'd say it's likely you'll get predicted A*AA (especially if you let your teacher(s) know that's the prediction you need to get into your dream uni). And you would probably get an AAB offer if your school is eligible. The only GCSE they list as required for geography is a B in maths, if you have that then by all means apply! Well done on your grades and good luck with whatever you decided to do in the future :smile:
Original post by victoria98
Why do you think your predicted grades will be A*AB? I'd say it's likely you'll get predicted A*AA (especially if you let your teacher(s) know that's the prediction you need to get into your dream uni). And you would probably get an AAB offer if your school is eligible. The only GCSE they list as required for geography is a B in maths, if you have that then by all means apply! Well done on your grades and good luck with whatever you decided to do in the future :smile:
the only reason I thought I'd get A*AB prediction is because my psychology ums was high enough to be an A* this year and my B in English was quite low because I got really nervous in the exam and wrote a load of rubbish but yeah I did get a B in maths! Thank you so much for your reply though
Original post by Shueb95
You're murdaaaSmart
erm thank you, I think 😂

Quick Reply

Latest