The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thanks a lot. No, I'm not just trying to look good on my application, I honestly want to be prepared for the real industry. Any chance I could email you at some time or something like that? PM me about that if you don't mind. Cheers
Reply 561
supernova2
sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but Economics from York or SCORE at UCL for reputation?

SCORE hands down for its reputation, quality, and location.
Reply 562
hey just wanted to see what your opinions were on these courses regarding getting into banking:

PPE at York
Management at York
Psychology at UCL

cheers.
Reply 563
ucl cos of reputation
Reply 564
Is UCL really all that great?
Also, the course at UCL is pretty unrelated to IB, is it not?
v2006
ucl cos of reputation

I wouldn't agree with this at all. PPE at York.

If I got in to do dance studies at LSE (doesn't exist I know) you wouldn't tell me to go there because the course reputation would completely negate the uni.
Reply 567
supernova2
I wouldn't agree with this at all. PPE at York.

If I got in to do dance studies at LSE (doesn't exist I know) you wouldn't tell me to go there because the course reputation would completely negate the uni.

haha good point.
The thing about LSE though is that there isn't one course there that isn't very good compared to other unis or not oversubscribed.
v2006
ucl cos of reputation

No way.
Reply 570
Why not? I thought psychology at ucl was very competitive and hence want aab/aaa?
Reply 571
I would have thought that from Warwick/UCL below (from the table), the degree would have to matter and be targeted for banking.
Reply 572
hey guys....comparing manchester and cass business school for an msc finance...cant decide which offer to finally take up, depending on the better one for a job prospects in an ib...
fill me in on your opinions plz.
imo cass
Reply 574
stuts04
hey guys....comparing manchester and cass business school for an msc finance...cant decide which offer to finally take up, depending on the better one for a job prospects in an ib...
fill me in on your opinions plz.

Cass, for sure.
dyniol
Cass, for sure.

Yay Cass!!!! :biggrin:*

*We are both Cass students and may be slightly biased
Reply 576
hey it looks like im going to be going to york in september but im still not sure which course to take (im permitted to change)
which one in all your opinions would be most employable in the future?

Economics
Economics and Finance
PPE

Thanks all
Reply 577
markfung
hey it looks like im going to be going to york in september but im still not sure which course to take (im permitted to change)
which one in all your opinions would be most employable in the future?

Economics
Economics and Finance
PPE

Thanks all

I would go for Economics and Finance if I were you.
Reply 578
markfung
hey just wanted to see what your opinions were on these courses regarding getting into banking:

PPE at York
Management at York
Psychology at UCL

cheers.

For IB PPE at York definitely.
Reply 579
Guys I need some serious suggestions here:
I got 3 different offers and I can't pick the right one to get a job in Inv Banks.
Those are my three options:
Msc in Mathematical Trading and Finance (CASS)
Msc in Operational Research (LSE)
Msc in Financial Mathematics (KCL)

which one should I go for???

Latest

Trending

Trending