This discussion is closed.
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
I was wondering if extra A-Levels impress universities/give u an advantage etc. since i know people with like 7 and 8 A-Levels. Is this an advantage? and if it is, it it a considerable one?
I'll have 6 (if you include General Studies) and didn't find the workload during the course a problem, but it gets difficult in the exam period, trying to fit in all of the revision around each subject and cope with days of two or more exams etc. I don't think I would have been able to do it if I hadn't taken some modules in the January session. Seven or eight A-levels just sounds stupid! Whatever about the workload during the year, how would you cope at exam time?! Obviously it's different if these A-levels were done over a period of more than two years or at university etc.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What do ya wanna do at uni, and where?

Phil
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by PHIL
What do ya wanna do at uni, and where?

Phil
Imperial College London all going well to do MSci Mathematics with Computer Science. I need A in maths (which I got last year, as I do further maths), A in physics and A in further maths. The other three A-levels are pretty much useless, oh well.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Imperial is a well nice Uni, wanted to apply there but don't do the course I want, so will apply to King's and LSE instead, as well as Oxford.

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Well would anyone recomend doing Maths ,further maths and Statistics (3 math AL's). you think universities accept this (well lets say i wanna do some kind of engineering, would physics be more important than the exttra math qualification?)
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
Well would anyone recomend doing Maths ,further maths and Statistics (3 math AL's). you think universities accept this (well lets say i wanna do some kind of engineering, would physics be more important than the exttra math qualification?)
Hmm... I would think that just three maths A-levels is a bit narrow, especially if you're not planning on doing just maths at university. I think for engineering, physics would probably be a better bet than the third maths A-level, especially as statistics is probably not going to be of much use to an engineer.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (299)
34.17%
No (576)
65.83%

Watched Threads