The Student Room Group

The Ultimate Download Festival 2007 Thread

Scroll to see replies

.Andrew.
I might be going this year, but only because a mates band is apparently playing there this year, so might get my lazy ass there to see that, and a few others.

But MCR & Linkin Park makes me think otherwise.. :ninja:

Price is a Bit Steep, because it's only worth going there for the whole weekend :s:

Anyway.. Yeh.

who are your mates band? so we can all go check them out!
i saw the official download ad in Kerrang today and it had wolfmother but no Bring Me The Horizon, anyoe know whats going on?
Reply 21
Trexx
That's more or less how it was last year.
It was scorching Friday, Saturday and Sunday and begin raining on Monday.
My t-shirt had a lot of holes in it, like fishnet...friends called me a pokadot turk at the end of the day...
And all the goths in their bondage outfits wearing factor 50
They had to throw water at us in the Snickers tent when the Prodigy was playing, ah I was so close to Keith...
A riot started in the normal camping area (I was in Media)
I've still got my VIP wrist bands, ah memories.

If people do go, should assign a place to meet up...

Agreed.
You'll all be very fortunate - there's only 2 other people on this forum that have ever seen me offline. :cool:
Reply 22
SmilerNuts
who are your mates band? so we can all go check them out!
i saw the official download ad in Kerrang today and it had wolfmother but no Bring Me The Horizon, anyoe know whats going on?

At the time of print, they were not confirmed.
if they have pish like the all american rejects headlining anything this year then i am not going! ditto all these crappy new emo bands. downlaod is a metal festival! which is why we should try and get sepultura to reform and how about machine head for headlining the 2nd stage?!
Download, I will be there.

Iron Maiden will be special. I was thinking about Linkin Park, I dont listen to them anymore but it would be great to relive the songs that helped me get into the rock scene. Manson and slayer help

with machine head and megadeth hopefully being there it will be a special weekend!!!
yeah Linkin Park are a fantastic gateway band! lets not take taht away from them
Reply 26
And I think that they were the best band of their kind.
hey papa roach surely give them a run for their money! ditto korn
Reply 28
Korn were in a different league. :p: They experimented far more. Papa Roach... some great singles but not very adventurous. And what on earth has happened to them?
Yeah but without Korn i dont think Linkin Park et al would have become famous. Papa roach had a lot of airplay so i guess they would be a gateway band, they seem to think they're rock n roll now though lol, apparently the new album is pish?
oh and lets not forget Limp Bizkit! what a classic band lol, Fred durst is ace with the cap..
Reply 30
Yeah, Papa Roach have changed their sound and their image completely to keep up with the youth of today... it's rather amusing. Limp Bizkit... awww, they were cool. I stopped following them a few years ago so I was quite surprised when I found that they'd released new albums. They don't seem to have much to offer these days so I wouldn't be too upset if they disappeared off the face of the earth.
Reply 31
I quite like all of Papa Roach's stuff. Same with KoRn, but I never really liked Linkin Park or Limp Bizkit. Although their guitarist was cool.
Reply 32
I didn't really get Korn's earliest stuff. A few good tracks per album but you could tell that they were still trying to find their sound.
:eek: at MCR headlining :eek: didn't they get bottled at the leeds and reading festival or was that P!ATD? :redface:
Reply 34
Both I think...

The Panic! singer got knocked out IIRC (it might have been a different festival)

Also at Reading, MCR followed Slayer, so all the metallers were in the crowd just to escalate things :p: There is a possibility that might happen again at Download...
Reply 35
n u c l e a r b d h
Limp Bizkit... awww, they were cool.

Rollin'. Stunning stuff :p:
Yeah the panic singer got nailed right above the eye and went out like a light lol. they better not be at download!

RJA - which guitarist are we talking about here?

i think Korns first album is definitely a grower but the next 1 wasnt so great. They muist have peaked about 5 years ago and now who knows!?

Nuclear - i thought limp bizkit had split up? some big fight between fred and wes (sounds like a soap with those names lol) last year, around the greatest hits time
Reply 37
vector
Rollin'. Stunning stuff :p:

I danced to that in P.E. in Year 10. :p: How very uncool.
Reply 38
SmilerNuts
Nuclear - i thought limp bizkit had split up? some big fight between fred and wes (sounds like a soap with those names lol) last year, around the greatest hits time

According to Wikipedia they're on an indefinite hiatus at the moment and there's a few sources backing that up. I'm not sure if they'll ever get another album done, though. They've had their time.
Reply 39
n u c l e a r b d h
I danced to that in P.E. in Year 10. :p: How very uncool.

Agreed :p: True driving song that one...

Latest

Trending

Trending