The Student Room Group

Other than Trinity (or Kings) for Maths

Any opinions about the DOSs and supervisors for maths (and maths with physics) in the various colleges?

Are there colleges where more of the faculty are from DAMTP rather than DPMMS?

Are there colleges the physic-y kids tend want to go?

Any DOSs who are particular enthusiastic and engaged?

Where are people the most happy with their supervisors / supervisions?

Apologies in advance if these questions seem inappropriate. I understand that any one individual can only really know about their own experiences. But I am hoping that there may be some sense that this DOS or the other is really outstanding or that supervisions in this colleges go really well. Maybe?

Particularly interested in Johns, Emma, Pembroke, Christ's and Peterhouse.

Anyway, any insight would be appreciated. :smile:
Original post by gsckmom
Any opinions about the DOSs and supervisors for maths (and maths with physics) in the various colleges?

Are there colleges where more of the faculty are from DAMTP rather than DPMMS?

Are there colleges the physic-y kids tend want to go?

Any DOSs who are particular enthusiastic and engaged?

Where are people the most happy with their supervisors / supervisions?

Apologies in advance if these questions seem inappropriate. I understand that any one individual can only really know about their own experiences. But I am hoping that there may be some sense that this DOS or the other is really outstanding or that supervisions in this colleges go really well. Maybe?

Particularly interested in Johns, Emma, Pembroke, Christ's and Peterhouse.

Anyway, any insight would be appreciated. :smile:

those things really don't matter.
In the first year you're likely to have supervisions at your college/with the fellows of your college, but from the second year onwards your supervisors will be anyone in the department who covers your papers or subjects of your interest, not restricted by which college you're at at all.

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/how-will-i-be-taught

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/colleges/choosing-a-college

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending