Now GCSEs are over, which subjects are you happy to see the back of? Watch

The Awakening
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So everyone, now that we have finished our GCSE exams, which subjects are you glad to never have to study again?

Personally mine is English. I've never liked the subject and never will. Not to mention my teacher likes to troll me all the time and come up with funny excuses for not marking my essays I put extra effort in at home.

Literally I've come to hate english with a burning passion. I'm so glad I will never have to write about those stupid, boring books that I couldnt care about even if my life depended on it😂.

Not to mention desperately trying to decode the "english" in Shakespeare's poems.

What about you? And why?
Loyale
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
F*** law!!!!!!
Ocr law was damn hard!!!!
Idontlikeict
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Biology - double award science
Information and communications technology
English
Music
Religious studies
CSL123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Physics!!! I liked all my subjects really, I just know I couldn't handle most of them at a higher level
Shannonxo-
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mathematics, although I'll probably have to re-sit the exam. I hated quite a lot of subjects, so.
Imperion
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
English lang and lit

****ing hell, I'm happy they're gone
The Awakening
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shannonxo-)
Mathematics, although I'll probably have to re-sit the exam. I hated quite a lot of subjects, so.
I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I will never understand why so many people hate Maths😂
The Awakening
Rep:
?
(Original post by Imperion)
English lang and lit

****ing hell, I'm happy they're gone
Yes! I feel your relief!
Imperion
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Awakening)
I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I will never understand why so many people hate Maths😂
Same here
Yes! I feel your relief!
Are you my doppelganger? :indiff:
Bekahx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
English
History
Music
German
Physics
ICT
And PE

(Pretty much all of them really)
Shannonxo-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well in my case it's mainly just because I've always been bad at it, not sure about other people.
The Awakening
Rep:
?
(Original post by Imperion)
Same here

Are you my doppelganger? :indiff:
Excuse my ignorance again, but whats a doppelganger😂
M0nkey Thunder
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hmm. Probably History. Seemed very interesting; yet it's incredible how the arrogant attitude of a single teacher could make me despise such a subject.
Imperion
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Excuse my ignorance again, but whats a doppelganger😂
An apparition or double of a living person - basically.
Firenze26
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So everyone, now that we have finished our GCSE exams, which subjects are you glad to never have to study again?

Personally mine is English. I've never liked the subject and never will. Not to mention my teacher likes to troll me all the time and come up with funny excuses for not marking my essays I put extra effort in at home.

Literally I've come to hate english with a burning passion. I'm so glad I will never have to write about those stupid, boring books that I couldnt care about even if my life depended on it😂.

Not to mention desperately trying to decode the "english" in Shakespeare's poems.

What about you? And why?
Seriously? Wow, your teacher sounds mean. Hopefully, you won't have them this year.

For me, it's French. Mostly because, and this might sound a bit petty and arrogant, the only subject I've straight-up failed and gave up in. I mean, it's one thing for a subject to be difficult and so challenging that you hate it but for a subject to actually make you feel that it's better not to try at all and fail because it gives you so much headache (both literal and metaphorical ones.), well, y'know...

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
AAls
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
English.

Knowing that I'll never have to analyse a poem again or do a piece of descriptive/narrative writing is a huge relief.
Vanilla Poison
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
English, I literally couldn't stand it!
Product Design too, the course was a damn mess!
espicton98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Shannonxo-)
Literally the same with maths, just don't want to jinx it and say I won't miss doing it again, and then end up re sitting it
espicton98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Firenze26)
Seriously? Wow, your teacher sounds mean. Hopefully, you won't have them this year.

For me, it's French. Mostly because, and this might sound a bit petty and arrogant, the only subject I've straight-up failed and gave up in. I mean, it's one thing for a subject to be difficult and so challenging that you hate it but for a subject to actually make you feel that it's better not to try at all and fail because it gives you so much headache (both literal and metaphorical ones.), well, y'know...

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
I did initially enjoy French, we did all our speaking and writing in exams and achieved high A's in all of them. Come year 11 my teacher does not have a clue how to teach us listening and reading so 90% have failed pretty much all our mocks, I should of hopefully scraped C's in those exams bringing me up to a B but it's a bit of a joke because we all worked so hard and she let us down the last year. So I understand you, and walking out of those exams knowing I never had to do it again was satisfying !
Thatlazykidd
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Geography
English
French

There was just so much content to get around on Geography and English was just voting as all hell.
French was a lost cause for me to begin with
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads