Transfer Second Year Law LLB from Westminster Watch

NasimR
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I got a BCC and will be going to Westminster to study Law LLB, however I understand that it is not a very good Uni in terms of employment, and was thinking, if I do well in my first year, will it be possible to transfer to a better Uni?
Universities I want to transfer to is SOAS, City, Brunel, Royal Holloway, possibly even QM. is it possible?
What's more, is it worth it?
christianlaw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Much will depends on your marks but I don't think that transferring is an easy option (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2508575)

I will try to answer your second question: is it worth it ?
In my opinion it is not worth to think about this now. You should try to enjoy your first year and do well in your studies. If you obtain some good results and you still feel like transferring you can try but remember that many Universities will not accept year 2 transfers.

Westminster is a good law school and remember that your degree classification is important too so moving to a more challenging environment might be detrimental to your career.
Elijahsmam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

I have completed my first year of LLB Law at Sunderland Uni and have been accepted to transfer to Northumbria university for my 2nd and 3rd year. It was very easy!! I achieved a 2:1 in my first year and I applied via email and UCAS to Northumbria giving my reasons for transfer and it was a total doddle!

I also transferred because Sunderland had a poor rep and my advice is: it is completely worth transferring! Law careers are difficult enough to presue and you need to study within a decent University to help you on your way. I hope this helps!
NasimR
Rep:
?
(Original post by christianlaw)
Much will depends on your marks but I don't think that transferring is an easy option (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2508575)

I will try to answer your second question: is it worth it ?
In my opinion it is not worth to think about this now. You should try to enjoy your first year and do well in your studies. If you obtain some good results and you still feel like transferring you can try but remember that many Universities will not accept year 2 transfers.

Westminster is a good law school and remember that your degree classification is important too so moving to a more challenging environment might be detrimental to your career.
you're a consistent with your replies whenever I ask for advice concernin law, thank you, you have helped me again!g
NasimR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elijahsmam)
Hi,

I have completed my first year of LLB Law at Sunderland Uni and have been accepted to transfer to Northumbria university for my 2nd and 3rd year. It was very easy!! I achieved a 2:1 in my first year and I applied via email and UCAS to Northumbria giving my reasons for transfer and it was a total doddle!

I also transferred because Sunderland had a poor rep and my advice is: it is completely worth transferring! Law careers are difficult enough to presue and you need to study within a decent University to help you on your way. I hope this helps!
Thanks for this, as I am in a very similar position, helped a great deal!
Pikachu94
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NasimR)
I got a BCC and will be going to Westminster to study Law LLB, however I understand that it is not a very good Uni in terms of employment, and was thinking, if I do well in my first year, will it be possible to transfer to a better Uni?
Universities I want to transfer to is SOAS, City, Brunel, Royal Holloway, possibly even QM. is it possible?
What's more, is it worth it?
I would redo A levels again its really hard to transfer possibly you can do it privately and then apply for the next ucas cycle and get into a better uni
jasonf90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elijahsmam)
Hi,

Hello,

Could I ask if the units were the same at both uni's for the first year? If not, did you find yourself doing the same unit twice, at each uni?

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.33%
They might tell the bully (17)
10.76%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
17.72%
It might lead to more bullying (60)
37.97%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.22%

Watched Threads

Latest