The Student Room Group

eFinancialCareers: The top 50 universities for investment banking (global)

Methodology:

We analysed the 1m CVs on the eFinancialCareers database to ascertain the proportion of people in front office investment banking jobs who are now working in managing director roles. Then, we looked for the proportion of people with 1-3 years’ experience namely, analysts who work in front office roles. The top 50 universities are in the tables below.

UK Ranking:
1. University of Cambridge (8)
2. University of Oxford (10)
3. Durham University (26)
4. University of Edinburgh (28)
5. University of Bristol (29)
6. University of St Andrews (32)
7. London School of Economics (37)
8. University College London (42)
9. University of Warwick (45)
10. University of Bath (46)
11. Imperial College London (47)
12. University of Nottingham (48)

source: eFinancialCareers - MD versus Analysis: The top 50 universities for investment banking

Spoiler

Reply 1
Yay Durham :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by C_Richards99
Methodology:

UK Ranking:
1. University of Cambridge (8)
2. University of Oxford (10)
3. Durham University (26)
4. University of Edinburgh (28)
5. University of Bristol (29)
6. University of St Andrews (32)
7. London School of Economics (37)
8. University College London (42)
9. University of Warwick (45)
10. University of Bath (46)
11. Imperial College London (47)
12. University of Nottingham (48)

source: eFinancialCareers - MD versus Analysis: The top 50 universities for investment banking

Spoiler

What do the numbers in your post correspond to?

anyhow, nothing weird about it.....the ranking is just clearly not representative of reality.

brb putting LSE as my insurance and firming Edinburgh
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
lol rankings like these get all the semitarget kids so excited
Original post by MAINE.
What do the numbers in your post correspond to?

anyhow, nothing weird about it.....the ranking is just clearly not representative of reality.

brb putting LSE as my insurance and firming Edinburgh

The numbers correspond to their global positions. See the source link for the full list.

1 million CVs analysed is a lot of CVs analysed..
Reply 5
Ranking is based on MDs not on analysts so it isn't exactly the best metric for getting into investment banking.
Reply 6
Also got to take into account that the MDs went to these unis years ago... Things change.
Original post by LMSZ
Ranking is based on MDs not on analysts so it isn't exactly the best metric for getting into investment banking.

This is what it says on their website, I think they did look at analysts.
We analysed the 1m CVs on the eFinancialCareers database to ascertain the proportion of people in front office investment banking jobs who are now working in managing director roles. Then, we looked for the proportion of people with 1-3 years’ experience namely, analysts who work in front office roles. The top 50 universities are in the tables below.

Original post by nickmurp
Also got to take into account that the MDs went to these unis years ago... Things change.

They created another ranking based on analysis of CVs within the last 12 months, see this link.
Reply 8

They created another ranking based on analysis of CVs within the last 12 months, see this link.

The list you posted is for MDs, the list for analysts, which is more relevant is the one underneath that goes: Oxford, LSE, Imperial, Cambridge.
Reply 9

lol the ranking on that link is BS as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending