Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Trust me, I am a sales consultant, the 7250i is a bag of shite. The 6100, you can get the camera attachment for it, if your really that inclined about a camera.
    I'm not going for the 7250i...I'm trusting your advice. But I'm not going for the 6100.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    I'm not going for the 7250i...I'm trusting your advice. But I'm not going for the 6100.
    Are you on BT at home?

ReputationRep:
    That t610 is a good price, although remember that the price may rocket towards the end of the auction. New casings for the T610 are around £20 each, so factor that in- I wouldn't bid more than £50 or 60 considering that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuvverRussia)
    That t610 is a good price, although remember that the price may rocket towards the end of the auction. New casings for the T610 are around £20 each, so factor that in- I wouldn't bid more than £50 or 60 considering that.

Already seen a cover I like (shows how much I want it) also on E-bay. Full housing £10 at Buy at Now...and there are quite a few on sale finishing in a few days.

Thanks for the bidding advice...I'm not going any high than 50 because I do need to get a new cover.

ReputationRep:
    Already seen a cover I like (shows how much I want it) also on E-bay. Full housing £10 at Buy at Now...and there are quite a few on sale finishing in a few days.

Thanks for the bidding advice...I'm not going any high than 50 because I do need to get a new cover.
    Doubtful that you'll get them for £50. I sold mine for 170 and 104 on eBay.

ReputationRep:
    Are you on BT at home?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Doubtful that you'll get them for £50. I sold mine for 170 and 104 on eBay.

Well I'll try and if not, at least I would have had some bidding experince.

EDIT - I just checked and it has already gone up to £51.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'll try and if not, at least I would have had some bidding experince.

EDIT - I just checked and it has already gone up to £51.
    You can proxy bid, basically you enter the maximum amount you are willing to spend, and if someone bids less than your maximum you still remain highest bidder, as it automatically bids for you up to your maximum bid allowing you to fend off other buyers. I recommend leaving it till the last 10 seconds or so, then entering the maximum amount you are willing to spend.

ReputationRep:
    You can proxy bid, basically you enter the maximum amount you are willing to spend, and if someone bids less than your maximum you still remain highest bidder, as it automatically bids for you up to your maximum bid allowing you to fend off other buyers. I recommend leaving it till the last 10 seconds or so, then entering the maximum amount you are willing to spend.
    Yes, I know. I decided to bid on T610 finishing in a couple of hours but I was outbidded. I am not going to bid again until it is close to the end to see how high it will go. It is much better quality that the other and there is a hell of a lot more with it.

ReputationRep:
    www.livetelecom.co.uk

good prices on sim free handsets and ive used them and can recommend them

nokia 6610i might fit the bill.... http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,55636,00.html

ReputationRep:
    If the phone is locked on orange then you can use any orange network sim card, I believe.

As for models, all I can say is I have an 8310, which I think is adequate, it can store approx. 150 text messages. It has different features too like stopwatch, voice recorder etc. The only drawback I have found is this model seems to suddenly cut out for about 10 seconds sometimes, it locks itself and the screen goes blank, then it comes back after about 5-10 seconds, it's not too much of a problem though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    If the phone is locked on orange then you can use any orange network sim card, I believe.

As for models, all I can say is I have an 8310, which I think is adequate, it can store approx. 150 text messages. It has different features too like stopwatch, voice recorder etc. The only drawback I have found is this model seems to suddenly cut out for about 10 seconds sometimes, it locks itself and the screen goes blank, then it comes back after about 5-10 seconds, it's not too much of a problem though.
    Software problem, you need the update, if you still have the warranty, you can go to the Carphone warehouse and get it updated for free.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking that I like the layout on my phone, its size and the fact its easy to use...it just needs better features. Is a Sony Ericsson T610 easy to use or should I look for something very similar to the phone I have but with a digital camera and better features.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews6766.html

That Nokia phone has some good reviews.

ReputationRep:
    best 5 fones:

1 nokia 3310
    2 moto v600
    3 nokia 3330
    4 sendo
    5 nokia 1110

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews6766.html

That Nokia phone has some good reviews.

I thought it was better than people here were giving it credit for...after all my temp. ex boyfriend has one (and no that wasn't the reason I wanted one).

However, that review gave it a 5/10 for value for money so if I did find a brilliant condition one on Ebay....maybe.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mobile-review.com/ Is a pretty good site. You might have already gone on it though...

Presonally, I'd say go for the Nokia 6310 or 6310i. I've heard good things about it; it has the best battery life by far, best sound quality, and it can take a lot of knocks too. Im sure you'd be able to pick up a 6310 for under £150 if you look around. Unfortunately, I don't think it has colour screen, but 6310i might though.

Hope this helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    http://www.mobile-review.com/ Is a pretty good site. You might have already gone on it though...

Presonally, I'd say go for the Nokia 6310 or 6310i. I've heard good things about it; it has the best battery life by far, best sound quality, and it can take a lot of knocks too. Im sure you'd be able to pick up a 6310 for under £150 if you look around. Unfortunately, I don't think it has colour screen, but 6310i might though.

Hope this helped!
    6310i- brilliant phone, no where near what she wants though. It's one of my favourite phones, but it doesn't have a colour screen, camera, or even polyphonic ringtones. They're expensive for what they are as well, although this is due to their build quality and sound quality (one of the best out there).

ReputationRep:
    As well as talking to you about this, I was also talking to another fourm and a hell of a lot of them recommended the 7250i to me. My temp. ex boyfriend loves his and my cousin also has one and she love hers.

I know some of you don't like it...but a lots of people do and quite a few websites do.

So I am going to see if I can get a cheap nice one from Ebay. But if anyone else has any suggestion at all, speak now or forever hold their peace.

So do me a favour pick a color - I like the blue and the pink/purple one.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I'd still argue that the 7250i is over rated. The T610 is a better phone in many ways.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.